1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Buy

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by blakeyboy, Dec 16, 2002.

1. blakeyboy

blakeyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I am looking to buy a digital camcorder, but have no idea what to look for. Don't really want to go over £500. Is there anything I need to look for? Can anyone advise? Wheres the best place to buy from?

Cheers

2. Choddo

Choddo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Best place to start would be "What Camcorder" - if you just want to capture video and then stick it onto a PC for all the clever stuff, you could do much worse than look at the Canon MV500/i - in your price range & reviewed very well, has 18x optical zoom which is very useful as long as you can hold it still enough... haven't used one myself!

But go to a shop and have a go with a few, they all feel different and you might not agree with the magazines. One thing to beware of is how they perform in less than the ideal lighting you always get in a shop so once you've got a shortlist it's well worth reading reviews on the net to find out what the cons are.

C