Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Best Buy?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stevegreen, Apr 2, 2004.

1. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +921
    I think that my Sony DVD player has finally given up the ghost tonight. Watching Bullet Proof Monk, the picture froze and then the disc skipped like mad, something I have also noticed when playing music.

I have cleaned the lens and tried another disc and now I am getting the message C:13:00 on the screen.

Essentially, it's buggered!

So, I'm not too flush at the moment but can't live without a DVD player as i also use it to play music, about 65:35 in favour of music, so whats the best buy out there at the moment for my use. It needs to be multiregion and have onboard DTS decoder ( i think, i'm using a Yamaha RXV 496RDS)

I reckon on a budget of up to £300

Any thoughts?

edit: Just seen a review on the Pioneer DVD 565, for £250 it looks like a nice player. Thoughts on this model appreciated too, is it available in Black??

Cheers

2. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +921
    Anyone?

The DV565 seems like a popular player, has no one got any comments on it? :(

3. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +921
    93 views and no replies?? Surely someone must have some idea.

4. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi,
    I have the 565 and find it a good player but it has issues with my Panasonic TV (RGB & NTSC), so I retained my trusty Sony 900v for that reason.
    Looking at your set up the above shouldn't be a problem.
    Of the players I have, one feature usually causes some hastle and I think the 565 will be a good choice as long as that conflict doesn't affect your screen.

5. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +921
    Cheers Ged.

I have actually decided to get one of these today as I can pick one up from Richers for £152 which is a bargain considering the cheapest net price i can find it £180+

Due to the lack of replies on here i did some reading of my own and it appears to be a decent player.

Cheers