Best Buy?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stevegreen, Apr 2, 2004.

1. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    I think that my Sony DVD player has finally given up the ghost tonight. Watching Bullet Proof Monk, the picture froze and then the disc skipped like mad, something I have also noticed when playing music.

I have cleaned the lens and tried another disc and now I am getting the message C:13:00 on the screen.

Essentially, it's buggered!

So, I'm not too flush at the moment but can't live without a DVD player as i also use it to play music, about 65:35 in favour of music, so whats the best buy out there at the moment for my use. It needs to be multiregion and have onboard DTS decoder ( i think, i'm using a Yamaha RXV 496RDS)

I reckon on a budget of up to £300

Any thoughts?

edit: Just seen a review on the Pioneer DVD 565, for £250 it looks like a nice player. Thoughts on this model appreciated too, is it available in Black??

Cheers

2. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    Anyone?

The DV565 seems like a popular player, has no one got any comments on it? :(

3. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    93 views and no replies?? Surely someone must have some idea.

4. Ged

Ged

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi,
    I have the 565 and find it a good player but it has issues with my Panasonic TV (RGB & NTSC), so I retained my trusty Sony 900v for that reason.
    Looking at your set up the above shouldn't be a problem.
    Of the players I have, one feature usually causes some hastle and I think the 565 will be a good choice as long as that conflict doesn't affect your screen.

5. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    Cheers Ged.

I have actually decided to get one of these today as I can pick one up from Richers for £152 which is a bargain considering the cheapest net price i can find it £180+

Due to the lack of replies on here i did some reading of my own and it appears to be a decent player.

Cheers