Best Buy Media Box Streamers

jerryq7777

Fire TV 4K gets my vote it does it all.Kodi was super slick with the original box so this 4K version can only be better still.Add in netflix,amazon prime,plex ,tv catch up apps, all in an easy to use UI and a bargain £65 price tag at the moment.

tredman

Distinguished Member
Fire tv falls down on interlaced content (mainly live tv). It's also actively disliked by the Kodi devs (as Amazon pulled Kodi from its AppStore).

Shield TV gets my vote. Does everything and does it all very well (and very quickly).

Think Wetek Core should be on the list too, better support and apps than the minix (Netflix in HD for example).

tcp/ip

Shield TV for me hands down. Its super quick with Netflix 4k and Plex not to mention Kodi which is now passing through 7.1 DTS HD/Dolby True-HD + Dolby Atmos perfectly. If you also through in its gaming ability there is not a box to touch it.

Paulct

Novice Member
Got Amazon Firestick here and works fine with Amazon Prime but Netflix and Mubi streaming suffers a bit from jumps and jitters. Still thinking whether to upgrade to the box version with wired connection. Also got Roku that is couple of years old and that works great.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom