best buy for a 1500 quid budget??

Chuck_Norris

Prominent Member
Reaction score
sorry i know this questions been asked loads but i'm after some up to date opinions:lease:

i've also been considering dlp as this is a fair bit cheaper:confused:

or iuf not can someopne point me in the right direction of a decent review site??

cheers for your time

Chuck :)

Got my Panny 37PX600 for around 1400.

Very nice it is indeed:smashin:

Check the forums. About 353434 threads on the Panny Plasmas:devil:

cheers for the reply m8, i should of stated i'm after a 42" really if poss.

i've just been looking at this panasonic with free stand here and that does look really good but there's no way i'll be able to blag the missis past 1500, she just doesn't get the whole gadget thing:boring: is there anywhere that sells cheaper thatn john lewis or is that a good deal??

cheers

Chuck:)

can't believe Chucky is under the thumb! :)

You really need to give more info about what you are looking for before anybody can help......screen only? out of the box TV?...do you already have sound system...etc

You should be able to get that 42 cab version for £1348 if you PM EmpireDirect with John Lewis.Annoying as its cheaper than the ped version for some crazy reason but as i needed the ped version had to stump up £1439

mep said:
can't believe Chucky is under the thumb! :)
times are hard since delta force m8 so she holds the purse strings ;)lol

i have a 5.1 system, a xbox 360 and will hopefully be upgrading to sky hd next month:thumbsup: so i'm really looking for something thats firstly a good panel
i'm not too bothered about onboard speakers etc as i use the 5.1 speakers for all that now on my heavy ass crt:)

so do you think its a good price from john lewis or should i try to find it elsewhere??

cheers for your time

I'd consider the Hitachi 42PD9700. PQ and sound are generally reckoned to be on a par with the Panasonic 42PX600, plus Hitachi are doing a free 4-year guarantee so you don't have to faff around getting a PM from JL just to get their 5-year guarantee. Sound&Vision are doing it for around £1450 including the guarantee, so it's in your budget.

Chuck_Norris said:
times are hard since delta force m8 so she holds the purse strings ;)lol

i have a 5.1 system, a xbox 360 and will hopefully be upgrading to sky hd next month:thumbsup: so i'm really looking for something thats firstly a good panel
i'm not too bothered about onboard speakers etc as i use the 5.1 speakers for all that now on my heavy ass crt:)

so do you think its a good price from john lewis or should i try to find it elsewhere??

cheers for your time

Ideal for a 42" PH9 then mate

ok m8 thx for the info, i'm a bit confused though, i take it the pH9 is just a monitor right??

i'm struggling a bit to find anywhere that sells em:confused:

is the TH42PX60 just the same screen but with tuner and cabinet etc??

i've seen this one here at richer sounds, would john lewis price match this??

cheers for your time

Just get the tried and tested ED pricematch with JL

Chuck_Norris said:
ok m8 thx for the info, i'm a bit confused though, i take it the pH9 is just a monitor right??

i'm struggling a bit to find anywhere that sells em:confused:

is the TH42PX60 just the same screen but with tuner and cabinet etc??

i've seen this one here at richer sounds, would john lewis price match this??

cheers for your time

how about here? http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381131

MattJ11 said:
I'd consider the Hitachi 42PD9700. PQ and sound are generally reckoned to be on a par with the Panasonic 42PX600, plus Hitachi are doing a free 4-year guarantee so you don't have to faff around getting a PM from JL just to get their 5-year guarantee. Sound&Vision are doing it for around £1450 including the guarantee, so it's in your budget.

What HI-FI only gave the Hitachi 3 stars, compared to the PX600's 5 Red ones...
Dixons online are doing teh PX600 no stand etc for £1500 and a bit...

What's the total price inc stand? What's a 4 year warranty gonna add on top of that?.........

I went from the px60 cab in the end (delivered next Fri as i'm working away for a few days) for £1250 delivered (5% off discount code and 5% Egg instant cash back).

Not bothered about extended warranty (i recall cfc1 hinting that home insurance has similar benefits:devil: )

Cheers,

Shaun

shaunr said:
I went from the px60 cab in the end (delivered next Fri as i'm working away for a few days) for £1250 delivered (5% off discount code and 5% Egg instant cash back).

Not bothered about extended warranty (i recall cfc1 hinting that home insurance has similar benefits:devil: )

1. Great price mate...good luck with it :thumbsup:

2. :eek: ....... ;)

How about a completely different approach, you can get a 42" HD Samsung plasma from beyondtelevision.com for £1,100 or the 50" for £1,679!

This screen has a nice gloss black finish like the pioneers, has hdmi input, decent sound if you need it and also got 4/5 stars for PQ and beat the Pioneer and Panasonic in a recent test in What Hifi And Cinema.

I have a Panasonic PWD7 and cant fault it but am tempted by the 50" Samsung for £1,679, just seems a lot of BIG screen for little outlay when you look at the Pioneers at double the price.

if 42" is your limit then the PHD9 at av-sales seems a good buy.

Scam73 said:
.....but am tempted by the 50" Samsung for £1,679, just seems a lot of BIG screen for little outlay when you look at the Pioneers at double the price.

Doesn't that tell you something?.........

Scam73 said:
I have a Panasonic PWD7 and cant fault it but am tempted by the 50" Samsung for £1,679, just seems a lot of BIG screen for little outlay when you look at the Pioneers at double the price.
And i think you will instantly find fault with the samsung it really isnt very good, its BIG but thats it

CFC1 said:
What's the total price inc stand? What's a 4 year warranty gonna add on top of that?.........

Well...spoke to someone in Currys today (Dixons high street as dixons online only now)..check what currys do it for online as they do a new "Whatever happens" protection scheme, which covers everything..for about £10 a month...i f they cannot fix it within 21 days...they replace it...better than paying out 500 notes for a waranty, upfront...

Wouldn't you be better off getting Hitachi's own "free" 4 year warranty?

But it will only cover parts and labour etc...not accidental...and its only for 4 years...and the Hitachi is pants, which is why its cheap.
As I alluded to in an earlier post...3 Stars, against teh Panasonics 5 Red ones

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom