1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Buy Dig Camera For £200

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by pauliepie, Aug 23, 2004.

1. pauliepie

pauliepie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya:

I am getting married in October in Cyprus and thought it would be a good idea to buy a digital camera for around £200.
    Because i know nothing about camera`s, can you give me some idea on which camera is good value for around £200 ish.
    I know its not a lot of money to spend but we don`t use camera`s that often and all my money has gone on our wedding.

Because this is such a good forum board, I think you will be able to make my mind up before Friday.

Many thanks
    paul
    :thumbsup:
    p:s: Dixons are selling a samsung 530 camera for £174.89 (half price), was £349.89?
    Do you think this is a good buy?
    5 mil pixels, 3xopt zoom, 4x dig zoom,1.5"lcd!!!

2. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    i'm new to these camera things - i bought a Nikon 3100 just before i went to Rome a few weeks ago and it was fantastic -took really good "snaps". However, i discovered that i really liked photography and nikon didn't really give me any creative control for when i get more competent. So last week i picked up a Minolta z10 (£200) which gives me full control over what i shoot and also has an AUTO mode setting that takes fantastic "snaps".

I'm sure there are a few "david Baileys" on this forum that can give you far better advice than I. But have a think about what you want to do with the camera.

Oh and ignore "digital zooms" they are really bad quality - optical zoom is what you want.

Good luck with the wedding!

Gary

3. Johnnypanic

Johnnypanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Recently brought a Canon Powershot A80, really pleased with this camera.

To my untrained eye, it takes great photos using the auto function, but also allows you to alter a lot of settings once you're more comfortable.

Johnnypanic

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,375
    I would not go of the price drop too much as all digital cameras are falling in price. The 5 mega pixels is nice but if the lens is crap it counts for nothing also it will just mean you can take less pictures.
    4* digital means nothing it is better to crop in software than use digital in all cameras.

If you want a camera with a bit of scope to it, some of the members are highly delighted with the Olympus 765
    For’s
    Good quality lens.
    4 mega pixels
    10 times optical zoom, 4 digital.
    Will quite happily take happy snaps but has enough features for if and when you need more.
    The movie mode is not bad at all but is 15fps.
    1.8 LCD although I like to use the eye piece for taking pictures which zooms in and out with the lens and is not a guesstimate like on some cameras.

Con’s
    Slightly bigger than a happy snapper.
    Uses xD memory (but can be bought cheaper on line).
    Is £237 at Amazon but this includes free postage.

Review here.