Best Buy 2015 - 4K LED TVs under £1K

I'd also recommend the 49" version of the LG UF850, which can be picked up for £649 from Currys/PC World. Now that's a bargain.

i wish i agreed with the 48ju7500 review..i had 2 sets and both had to go back due to bad banding lines on both sets (in the same place) and awful bleed on the second one (along top edge). I am still comtemplating trying a 3rd as alot of sites seem to like the set, 3rd time lucky hopefully!!!!

Last edited:
No panny cx700B in the list? Both the 50 and 55 under a grand

Hisense 720 £699 for 55" and it's FALD and HDR I mean need anyone look any further really?

Hi, the Philips PUT6400 is described as £469 in it's subject header, but £599 in the summary. Can we please confirm which the correct price is? Thanks.

Another vote for the penny cx700b, I have the 55" and it's a great TV, even better now that it has dropped £300 since I bought it.

What panels have the Samsung JU6400?

rtings.com says they are ips, but here you say they have good contrast (not ips?)

maybe they are IPS in the US and VA in Europe? o_O

Hisense 720 £699 for 55" and it's FALD and HDR I mean need anyone look any further really?
That one's not been reviewed yet, has it? The premise of the article is recommendation of panels the reviewers have seen. I.e. that they've reviewed.

Paul

That one's not been reviewed yet, has it? The premise of the article is recommendation of panels the reviewers have seen. I.e. that they've reviewed.

Paul
The article also ends with this:
So there we have a handful of excellent value TVs for you to consider in the Christmas sales, please feel free to share any bargains you've spotted in the discussion.

Anyone know if the panels on Samsung 6400 are same?55inch and 48inch?Also what's the difference between 6400>6445 model?

I don't know if it's commonly known to users on this site but I'd like to mention it anyway:

Samsung apparently started fitting their TVs with IPS/PLS panels. Definitely can confirm that the 55JU6400 can in fact have a IPS/PLS panel instead of a VA one. I've seen a couple in local stores around town. One in particular stood out with horrible backlight bleed at the centre of the bottom edge. Black levels are obviously worse, but the picture really looks kind of washed out and lifeless, compared to the VA.

If you look at the TV in the store and like it, there's no guarantee to get the same panel when you buy it. Not sure if this also applies to the 7 series, but the 55JU6800 (the one with the quantum dot panel) also seems to be affected so I guess it only affects the cheaper series (6 and below). The 8 and 9 series always seem to be VA.

Good way to check the panel: Stand to the left of the TV and put a black screen on. On a IPS/PLS panel the IPS glow will kick in and the black will turn a yellowish gray.

Sample reviews of Samsungs with IPS/PLS that I know of: 55JU6400 (US model), 48J5000 (US model), 32J5500 (EU model)

Last edited:
I hope there will be discounts on Boxing Day :)

Is the Philips PUT6400 a decent TV for SD content? I have the JU6400 and love it. However my grandparents are looking for a 4K TV for the new year. They plan on buying a 4K Blu-ray player once there released. Also I see that it has a android OS. Can the likes of Kodi be installed on it?

Is the 720 HDR? I thought it was just the XT910 that was HDR......if the 720 is indeed HDR then its bargain of the century!!

Is the 720 HDR? I thought it was just the XT910 that was HDR......if the 720 is indeed HDR then its bargain of the century!!
It's supposedly getting a HDR upgrade yes

It's supposedly getting a HDR upgrade yes

That's incredible.....I'm really happy with my Samsung H6400 but at that price I might have to consider an upgrade. Any reviews yet?

That's incredible.....I'm really happy with my Samsung H6400 but at that price I might have to consider an upgrade. Any reviews yet?
Not that I know of no, hdfever.fr should have one up in the next few days

Not that I know of no, hdfever.fr should have one up in the next few days

Thanks......I'm getting a warm fuzzy feeling now.....looking forward to the reviews

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom