Best budget upscaling DVD player???

andyhayward

Standard Member
I am looking to get a budget upscaling DVD player, what would you say is currently the best one?

And the best place/price to get it?

Cheers

KUBBY

Standard Member
Hi,

I cant speak from experience,but the reviewers like the pioneer Dv-400V at the moment.Available online at £70/80 ish multi region.

Good Luck,

KH

BingoBongo275

Useful info - thanks.

How do these compare, or is one upscaling DVD pretty-much as good as another around that price?

Cheers

Jez

BingoBongo275

Well poersonally I would probably buy a PS3 and go BD if it wasnt for my R1 DVD collection (and presumably no DVD region hack on the PS3).

Hence I was looking for a "cheap" DVD upscaler for the short-term and for all my DVD's - say under £75?

Did a search on the Oppo on google and couldnt find a link in the UK. Who sells it?

Cheers

Jez

KUBBY

Standard Member
Google it,mate.

Amazon sell them as do many others.The reviews prefere the 981,but "Cheap" isnt really an applicable word.Around £150/£180

Contrary to popular belief,Oppo are American,based in California.Their european base is in Sweden.

KH

What display are you using it with?

The reason I ask is that the sub-£75 ones are likely to give you a picture that's not really any better (in some ways worse) than you'd get with your TV doing the processing.

BingoBongo275

What display are you using it with?

The reason I ask is that the sub-£75 ones are likely to give you a picture that's not really any better (in some ways worse) than you'd get with your TV doing the processing.
Great answer - sorry I'm dumb on this subject and thought they were a much of a muchness.

I'm waiting for my Samsung LE46A656 to be delivered (I chose that due to the great advice I got from this forum)

Cheers

Jez

WazKayani

Standard Member
Jez

I'm in the same position - have the Samsung LE46A656 and am looking for a DVD Player now.

Would prefer a Samsung as can use the AnyNet but seems some of the Samsungs have issues. I do like the Pioneer 600 (approx £120) but I was looking to pay approx 75 pounds also.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom