Best budget TV for gaming at 120hz

badger1972

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
Just registered and am looking for some advice pls. I have an Xbox series S and PS5 and want a TV that does 120hz. Our budget is up to £700ish and are looking for 49 or 50 inch.
So far have found the LG 49Nano86 but it was last years model.
Any help appreciated. Thanks

2021 models are all overpriced at present, so can't recommend any of those. Really there's only the TV you already mentioned that does 120hz, which remains in your budget...sadly its not really a good TV for HDR gaming, so despite having 120hz it doesn't really check many boxes in other areas.

Otherwise its a matter of sacrificing 120hz and getting a better TV like the Sony 49XH9505 or upping the budget to an OLED.

If you can wait for prices to come down the new 50 Samsung QN90A is 120hz + it should be a good overall TV. Its rare to get higher spec tv's at smaller sizes.

Thank you for your input. Yes, that Sony looks a decent tv for my budget.
its around £800 but hopefully will come down pretty soon

The Sony is a 2020 model, at the end of its shelf life. I don't think the price will come down further. Its the best LCD below 55" and sold for £1100 this time last year.

A TV in budget would be the XH91/XH85 a tier beneath, that TV only has 500 nits of brightness though, so despite being more expensive the XH9505 is better value.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom