Best budget screen to partner Panasonic PT-AX100?

vib ribbon

Banned
Hi All,

Was just after a bit of advice.

I have just picked up a Panasonic PT-AX100 and was wondering what the best budget screen i get is?

I am setting up a dedicated home cinema room, aprox 18ft long by 8ft wide. My budget would be £350 - £400 (the less the better though). Ambient light will be controlled as i am getting blackout blinds and a dimmer switch for the spot lights.

The screen would also have be about 120" in size and also be electronic one with infra red to control it.

Done a bit of research and have found the Panoview Electric Drop Down (16:9) DE-9120EGA 120" electronic screen for £369 - is it any good?

Any thoughts?

27neth

Distinguished Member
Hi,
I dont know if the screen is any good, but i ordered the 92" version yesterday :thumbsup:

John..

vib ribbon

Banned
Hi,
I dont know if the screen is any good, but i ordered the 92" version yesterday :thumbsup:

John..
Hi John,

May i ask what projector are you going to be using?

Also, can you let me know what you think of the screen when you have it up and running?

:thumbsup:

27neth

Distinguished Member
Hi,
I am using a jvc-hd1 projector. The screen is getting delivered tomorrow so i will probably put it up at the weekend :thumbsup:
I will let you know what i think of it.

john.

vib ribbon

Banned
Have you got the screen up yet?

If so, what are your thoughts?

vib ribbon

Banned
I did think about a fixed screen, but i think its pretty nifty to hide it away - keeps it safe from damage as well i suppose.

Pug_WD

Novice Member
(the less the better though).
Best bang for buck?
Two tester pots of cloud slate 3 from Focus... = £5 :thumbsup:

I did a 4:1 mix with some water (filled each pot 1/4 way with water and shook it up to get the last of the paint out) and painted a ~120" diagonal screen on my end wall.
Framed it with some 2" black tape (£2 from Wilko) and couldn't be happier for the budget. :smashin:

Total budget <£10 (including beers afterwards) :clap:

I did undercoat first but only because I had half a tin in the cupboard, spare.

mossym

Distinguished Member
fixed screen all the way, no ripples to worry about, and i'd be more worried about getting damaged while rolling up/down than while it is mounted on the wall

and honestly, paint jobs may be a cheap job, but i've seen a few and none have come anywhere close to the quality of a decent screen. they work fine until you see how much better a screen actually is. if budget is the only concern paint will work, but a proper screen either retractale or fixed will blow it away

vib ribbon

Banned
Thanks for the input on fixed screen's boys - but the boss says 'no'.

She wants a sofa bed in there which means an electronic screen is the only option. :(

Will mean me spending more money, but have no choice in the matter - I am a mouse, not a man after all.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom