Best Budget noise-cancelling headphones?

Skywolf

Standard Member
Reaction score
I do a lot of work in environments where there is ambient noise and was wondering, what are the best budget noise-cancelling headphones? I would like good deep bass and clear sound, but am not an audiophile and my main requirement is silence between tracks. Can anyone help? I am looking for the over-ear headphones rather than in-ear earphones as I find those annoying.

(I generally use wax earplugs but find they only reduce the ambient noise by half.)

Last edited:
We have a headphone sub-forum at Home AV Forums, Audio Electronics Forums, Headphones and Portable Music.

Oh, sorry, this place is a maze. Should I repost there?

I've just bought some Sony Ericsson MH1 (Google them - also MH1C) in ears for my daughter. The sound is rich and clear and the sound isolation is very good too.

Thanks! Does anyone know about any over-ear headphones, though? If possible I would like to replace the wax earplugs completely.

I bought a pair of Skullcandy Aviator over-ear headphones a few years ago. This was after trying on and listening to around 15 other brands/models which were on show at a branch of the now defunct Comet...I was seriously impressed and bought them even though I hadn't specifically gone out looking to replace my Shure E3Cs in-ear headphones which although are great were just a wee bit lacking in bass for me.
I find The Skullcandys have good noise isolation.

Ok, cool. I think I like the look of the Skullcandy ones as they are smaller and more in my price range, but I don't see anything about noise cancelling or blocking on the description. I'm not picky about it being active or not as long as it is really quiet.

No, they aren't noise cancelling but do have good isolation.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom