Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Best budget DVD player for a Sanyo Z4 projector

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by chestnut, Oct 28, 2005.

1. chestnut

chestnut
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Im going to get myself a Z4 projector for Christmas. :thumbsup: But im still confused as to which DVD player to use. I can either use my old Sony DVP-S735D with a component or buy either the Samsung HD950, Toshiba SD350 or denon 1920 with a new HDMI connection. From what i've read so far the denon seems to have design faults, Toshiba a bad HDMI picture, not sure about the Samsung atm.

Perhaps its just worth buying the toshiba and use the component connection rather than the HDMI :rolleyes: . Another problems is that fact i will need a 10m lead to connect my pj and dvd player :rolleyes: .

My question is, which one of these players with either component or HDMI would perform best with a Z4 given consideration to the fact i will need a 10m cable.

Thanks for the help.

Chestnut

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    The Z3 was relatively poor over component I believe, is the Z4 better?

I'd try the Toshiba or perhaps go for an Oppo which can come with a DVI to HDMI lead...PJ