• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best budget DVD player? (cheap... really cheap!)

Fatman

Standard Member
I'm looking for a cheap DVD player for a small portable 4:3 TV. What's the best available for around 50 quid? It must be multi region capable without chipping. The ability to play DivX media would be a bonus but isn't necessary. DVD-Audio and SACD aren't at all necessary. If there's nothing worth spending £50 on, what would a budget of £70 get?

Is this Scan Ellion model any good? What about this Umax/Yamada player? They're just random choices. Feel free to slate them and suggest others!

cheers,
Ben

pjclark1

Prominent Member
skyworth Divx/dvd player £31 delivered from whsmith online
dk digital 915 Divx/dvd player £50 delivered from ebuyer online

C

ClansOfIntrigue

How about the Philips DVP 630 DivX Multi Region Capable DVD Player, 65 quid at amazon? Supports PAL-progressive, DivX and "Video Upsampling is a high-quality processing technique that dramatically omproves the picture quality by eliminating the so-called "mosquito noise" and the other distortions caused by MPEG video compression that are visible on average DVD players."

Alternatively, a multi-region Sony for 50 quid:

Sony DVP-NS355 Multi-region DVD Player

or a DivX-compatible Yamada for 55:

Yamada DVX6700 DVD Player MPEG4 Compatible (Slim)

(sorry for not posting direct links - I don't know if the URL's at Amazon include some personal information - don't want to give people access to my shopping cart :p )

madcyril

Established Member
I you want really cheap try the Pacific 1002 at asda,there not bad at all and play just about anything you can throw at them,plus can make multi-region via remote.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom