• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Best budget amp to accompany HKTS7s?

mattlow93

Standard Member
I've been lured in to the eBay Harman Kardon deal, and expect to buy a package pretty soon. I'm now considering an AV Receiver, in particular the Sony STRDH800.

What I would like to know is, are there any other <£250 AV Receivers that give as much bang for the buck as the Sony (ie. 4 HDMIs, and sound quality), that would be a better match?

Some say the Sony is too clinical to be paired with the Kardons, but I'm not really the sound perfectionist!

Any replies really will be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Matt

You could consider the Onkyo TX-SR 507 or TX-SR 577 (5.1 or 7.1) £250 & £300 at Richersounds

dante01

Distinguished Member
The HK speakers have a clinical nature and are not the most suitable speakrs for use with clinical sounding amps. Sony, Onkyo and Pioneer all make clinical sounding amps. The HK speakers would be better paired with an Harman Kardon, Yamaha, Denon or Mrantz AV amp.

The nearest to your budget would be the £250 Yamaha RXV465.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom