Best budget 55 inches tv

Dabdoub81

Novice Member
Hi there,

Kindly I need your opinion, I want to buy a budget tv and right now I found the most advisef ones are :

1- Hisense series 7
2- Samsung 7100
3- tcl p8s
4- tcl c6us (more expensive than the p8s but can't find out if it is better or not other than the soundbar it has built in)

My main using would be pc gaming and Netflix, please advise .

Thanx in advance .

Dodgexander

TCL have different model numbers depending where they are sold. It seems in Asia/Australasia there model numbers are completely different to Europe or America.
Someone in Singapore asked about the two TCL models earlier: TCL P8S or TCL C6US?

In Europe generally Hisense TVs offer better value than the competition. Samsung I'm really not sure what type of panel will come with the TV. If its the same as in Europe it could be either type, so it's hard to recommend.

TCL and Hisense certainly use VA whilst Samsung could be VA or IPS.

In your shoes I'd get whichever is cheapest, or has the features you want.

Dabdoub81

Novice Member
TCL have different model numbers depending where they are sold. It seems in Asia/Australasia there model numbers are completely different to Europe or America.
Someone in Singapore asked about the two TCL models earlier: TCL P8S or TCL C6US?

In Europe generally Hisense TVs offer better value than the competition. Samsung I'm really not sure what type of panel will come with the TV. If its the same as in Europe it could be either type, so it's hard to recommend.

TCL and Hisense certainly use VA whilst Samsung could be VA or IPS.

In your shoes I'd get whichever is cheapest, or has the features you want.
Hi Dodgexander ,

Many thanks for your input , I actually have seen that thread regarding tcl choice and few other I could found , but the screen type thread is new to me and was informative will read again later for sure as I bookmarked it .

I Know it is so impossible to find a tv to support hdr at this budget since I had to pay four time that amount to get a fine one at my main room but I don't want to pay again that amount of money for a room that I will use once a week or so , I just want the best of my money or maybe the least worst especially for gaming as the next generation console is coming and need something won't fall apart when playing 4k 60 hdr possibly, I would increase the budget slightly but I found no improvement since I need to double it to get somthing really better .

So if i played let say a 4k 60 hdr game at these tv what would be the outcome ?

Appreciate the help :)

Dodgexander

It will depend on the game. If the game has settings to control its peak light output to match a lower end TV you'll likely be okay using HDR, but if its a game that doesn't have these settings, or one that expects the TV to have better HDR hardware you should just disable HDR on the console.

None of these are going to have a problem with compatibility with the future consoles. They will all do 4k at 60fps fine.

Dabdoub81

Novice Member
It will depend on the game. If the game has settings to control its peak light output to match a lower end TV you'll likely be okay using HDR, but if its a game that doesn't have these settings, or one that expects the TV to have better HDR hardware you should just disable HDR on the console.

None of these are going to have a problem with compatibility with the future consoles. They will all do 4k at 60fps fine.
Amazing! I totally forgot about disabling hdr on my console since I can survive without it on occasion.

Thank you.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: New TVs, Samsung Q800T Soundbar review, IFA latest, Movie and AV News, B+W Brad Pitt
Top Bottom