Best budget 50” TV for the bedroom, recommendations needed!

LiamJames87

Standard Member
Hi guys as the title states I’m looking for a good budget 50” TV for mine and the missus’s bedroom, mainly just when we fancy a chilled lazy day instead of being in the living room. I spent around £1500 just before Xmas on a Sony Bravia 65” XH9505 for the living room and I absolutely love it. But I’d rather just get a nice cheap and cheerful TV for the bedroom that can give as much bang for the buck as possible.

Just had a quick scout on curry’s and came across a nice looking JVC LT-50CF890 Fire TV Edition 50" TV and it’s only £329 but I can also get a 10% discount so it’ll cost £300. Reading some reviews it sounds a decent TV for the price but just wondered if anyone has any reports on that particular TV or recommendations. I can be flexible on the price but would just prefer a good affordable bargain if possible I’m more looking for good picture and sound quality it won’t be a gaming TV just used for movies, TV and sports, thanks for any help it’ll be much appreciated.

vickster

Distinguished Member
JVC are made by Vestel in Turkey, stick to the recognisable brands (other than Panasonic for cheap LCDs).
Also avoid Currys as you’ll only get a 1 year warranty

No £300-400 50” TV will be anything like your Sony

This is an ok deal with 6 year warranty

Have you read the Best Buy guide?

Will you view head on or from an angle?

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom