Best Budget 4k TV 43-50inch £500 Budget

Rixta

Novice Member
Reaction score
Looking for a TV for a bedroom that will basically be a netflix/amazon prime machine.

May have minor use for gaming but not enough for it to be worth considering.

Viewing angles do not matter as it will be wall mounted and about 1.5m away from me with a straight on viewing angle

Must be wall mountable.

I have an samsung eu55tu8000 55 inch downstairs in the living room and honestly that looks great quality to me so if it had similar viewing quality to that i would be a happy man.

Try Hisense, lot of Tv for the money and mine is still running after 7 years. .... Great reviews and decent calibrated screen also, straight from the factory.

I have very similar requirements as OP, though nearer £450 max budget for me.

Any opinions on the Samsung QE43Q60A @ £444 or the Hisense 43A7G at £329?

I have very similar requirements as OP, though nearer £450 max budget for me.

Any opinions on the Samsung QE43Q60A @ £444 or the Hisense 43A7G at £329?
It was an offer via the student portal but no longer available unfortunately.

sorry, just responded to your question on my other thread

If you like your 55” you can still get the 43” version. Spec and panel type might be different tho. Check the 2020/2021 Best Buy guide

If you like your Samsung then look at the same TU, or new AU series. Hisense A7G or even A6G is also a good shout.
Make sure with the Samsung's you're getting one that for certain has a VA panel, see here for detail:

If you can fit a 50" it will always be VA, no matter the brand. Avoid 49".

If you like your Samsung then look at the same TU, or new AU series. Hisense A7G or even A6G is also a good shout.
Make sure with the Samsung's you're getting one that for certain has a VA panel, see here for detail:

If you can fit a 50" it will always be VA, no matter the brand. Avoid 49".
Which TV would you recommend out of the following:

• Hisense 43A7GQTUK (A7G) @ £325
  • Hisense 50U7QFTUK (U7QF) @ £417
  • Samsung UE43AU9000 (AU9000) @ £354
  • Samsung QE43Q60AAUXXU (Q60A) @ £444

I'm leaning towards the Hisense U7QF since it's the only one that includes FALD and a higher peak brightness than the rest. Your opinions/other TV suggestions would be most appreciated.

Hoping this would also be useful to the OP as we have similar requirements.

You may have already seen, but for the reasons you mention the U7Q is top of my best buy list from last years models (2020-21 guide). So its a lot better than the others on the list and will be usable in some HDR titles unlike the others.

You may have already seen, but for the reasons you mention the U7Q is top of my best buy list from last years models (2020-21 guide). So its a lot better than the others on the list and will be usable in some HDR titles unlike the others.
Thanks, I tried to navigate through your guide but assumed they were out of date. Good to know the U7Q tops your best buy list. Not sure whether to take the plunge now and buy it at £417 or hold out and hope it reduces further in Black Friday/Cyber Monday...

The U7Q is a 2020 model which wasn't replaced in their 2021 lineup. There's not a TV that offers its features for similar money in 2021 lineups. The cheapest sub 55" TV that has functional local dimming is the Samsung QN90A or QN94A which are big steps up in price.

So don't expect the U7Q to get cheaper, its already over a year old.

Which TV would you recommend out of the following:

• Hisense 43A7GQTUK (A7G) @ £325
  • Hisense 50U7QFTUK (U7QF) @ £417
  • Samsung UE43AU9000 (AU9000) @ £354
  • Samsung QE43Q60AAUXXU (Q60A) @ £444

I'm leaning towards the Hisense U7QF since it's the only one that includes FALD and a higher peak brightness than the rest. Your opinions/other TV suggestions would be most appreciated.

Hoping this would also be useful to the OP as we have similar requirements.
Where have you seen the U7Q for £417 please?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom