• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Best budget 4K HDR, 65" screen, £1000

Whitley Lad

Distinguished Member
Hi All

Looking to 'upgrade' to an HDR display and want best bang for my buck!

As you will see from my subject header I'm not splashing out a fortune on something that constantly evolves and has a short shelf life so not much over £1000

I want 65" screen (up from my current 55") and would really like to see the benefits of HDR as my present display is 4K non HDR

I appreciate I may struggle to get anything within my price limit but I'm open to suggestions/reality checks so any feedback greatly appreciated.

Whitley Lad

Distinguished Member
Thanks for this zeppelino.
Reading a couple of reviews I might go for the Samsung NU8000 - can you help me out though - what does Panel Bit Depth 10 (8 bit + 2 FRC) actually mean?

When hooked up to a SkyQ box is it 8 bit or 10 bit colour?

Whitley Lad

Distinguished Member
Yes, difficult with one year guarantee too. You can get the nu8000 with a six year one.

Have just ordered this for delivery Friday. Now I know I'm not going to get top end performance but I'm hopefuh for front facing viewing I'm going to be more than happy.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom