Best Bottled Waters?

It's all nice and well to think that but the water at the tap here is vile and there's no way I could drink it on its own. It's fine with cordial but other than than, no.
And before I moved here I've always drank tap water so it's not some snobbery. I wish I didn't have to buy bottled water!

If your tap water is undrinkable I'd get onto the Water Board about it. You pay for it so it should be drinkable.

If your tap water is undrinkable I'd get onto the Water Board about it. You pay for it so it should be drinkable.

Well when tap water leaves a redish residue on stuff rather than the usual white hard water (it's a pain around taps, tile grouting and the dish drainer!), I think it's not right.
But I'm sure it's all "within regulations limits".

Filtered tap water here, too. Tastes just fine to me.

It seems crazy that people buy bottled water when it's the most abundant resource on the planet. Even craziver when you consider that buying a litre of petrol (that's petrol... the thing who's price everyone moans about) is cheaper than buying two 500ml bottles of Evian.

Still, some regions' tap water is so awful it would almost make me buy mineral water

Well when tap water leaves a redish residue on stuff rather than the usual white hard water (it's a pain around taps, tile grouting and the dish drainer!), I think it's not right.
But I'm sure it's all "within regulations limits".

Bottled water can often be worse for you than tap water. Public perception of bottled waters as purer or healthier than water from the tap are unfounded. The high mineral content of some bottled waters makes them actually unsuitable for feeding babies and young children. I could go on....

OP didn't want anyone to discuss this though so I'll shut up now. :blush:

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for all of the comments. :)

I know that there's not really any great or positive benefit of drinking bottled water versus regular tap water, but I was just curious as to which (if any) of the bottled ones, people preferred.

I normally drink Highland Spring myself, but found it to be too pricey, and recently I've found it to leave me feeling thirstier after drinking it, than beforehand. :confused:

When I went back to the supermarket, I was bemused and baffled by how many varities and types there were available. It was this range, that got me thinking about which ones were considered best or at least most enjoyed by the public at large. :)

I'm currently on Sainsbury's own (Caledonian Still) instead, which seems to be much more refreshing, and "wet". (I know that sounds like a silly comment to make about a liquid like water, but I mean it in the sense of it leaves your mouth feeling like you've actually drunk something, and not dry/parched.)

I'm not a fan of Evian/Naive :rotfl: myself: too pricey, and not a very good taste.

I only drink bottled water, because the tap stuff around my area is so hard and metallic in taste, that I can't drink it. :( I'm sure it's perfectly safe and healthy, but I'd rather drink water that leaves my thirst satiated. :)

Thanks again, for the responses, though. :)

Pooch

I can taste the difference between bottled waters but they're all pretty similar, out of a glass bottle always tastes better. The best brand is probably one called belu

I use an under sink filter too, one of my best ever purchases. The cartridges last up to a year and cost ÂŁ18.25 from Water filters & water filters taps direct from Fountain Filters

Having had that for a couple of years now I couldn't go back to normal tap water and wouldn't bother with the hassle of bottled.

Many years ago I would have said bottled water was for posers - water is water. But from travelling all over the country I now realise water isn't the same every where and the palette does become trained.

The water where I live tastes like the best water int' world. But if I go to the Midlands or London it tastes awful -'sweet' in comparison.

So my favourite bottled water is my local 'corporation pop'.

Cheers
B

Bottled water is bottled water to me. Though I tend to go with either volvic or evian or the shops own brand if it's a lot cheaper.

Many years ago I would have said bottled water was for posers - water is water. But from travelling all over the country I now realise water isn't the same every where and the palette does become trained.

The water where I live tastes like the best water int' world. But if I go to the Midlands or London it tastes awful -'sweet' in comparison.

So my favourite bottled water is my local 'corporation pop'.

Cheers
B
Who supplies your water?

Our tap water is crap. Full of chalk, which means the kettle constantly is and the shower head constantly gets blocked :devil:

But alas supplying the shower on bottled water proved too expensive to be practical :)

Tap Water here mate. Very rarely buy bottled water at all. The water up here tastes lovely (Central Scotland) but the water in England, especially further south tastes disgusting. i'm not surprised bottled water is so popular in England. Thankfully up here the water is soft and tastes great.

We have a filter fitted into our kitchen sink that removes all the chlorine taste and other nasties :thumbsup: We buy own brand 2 litre sparkling from the supermarket, but if I could find an economical way of having the carbonation on tap I'd do that too.

Dave

That;s what I buy, Asda Evian falls (I think) mineral sparkling water.

Tap tasts nasty compared, and I only tend to drink tea, coffee and sparkling water.

North West Water. Sweet Home Alabama I guess!

North West Water is now United Utilities I believe. They take a lot of their water from Haweswater in the Lake District. No wonder it tastes so nice.

haweswater.jpg

Shame my great grandmother's village was evacuated and flooded to make it.;)

Our tap water is crap. Full of chalk, which means the kettle constantly is and the shower head constantly gets blocked :devil:

But alas supplying the shower on bottled water proved too expensive to be practical :)

Same here. The hardness of the water in my area is almost off the scale and makes a limescale mess of everything. It's generally acceptable for showering in (though I can always immediately feel the difference when on holiday) but, for drinking, it's an acquired taste that I can't get on with. Bottled water and water filters are an absolute necessity.

I'm lucky I guess, live about 20 minutes from the reservoir that supplies my water, its bang on too. In fact I fill up from the bathroom tap quite regular because its next to my bedroom and tastes exactly the same as it does from the kitchen despite my girlfriends horrified looks! :rotfl:

I'm lucky I guess, live about 20 minutes from the reservoir that supplies my water, its bang on too. In fact I fill up from the bathroom tap quite regular because its next to my bedroom and tastes exactly the same as it does from the kitchen despite my girlfriends horrified looks! :rotfl:

I imagine the horrified looks are because your bathroom tap is not on the mains and you are taking the water from your water tank, which, let's be honest isn't quite the same quality/freshness as you get through the mains :p

I imagine the horrified looks are because your bathroom tap is not on the mains and you are taking the water from your water tank, which, let's be honest isn't quite the same quality/freshness as you get through the mains :p

Some people's bathroom taps are mains connected.

Last edited:
Tap water mostly, but if I'm buying bottled I would get whichever happens to be on offer. If I was pushed to pick one brand, it would be Volvic - it just seems to taste purer to me. Their flavoured stuff is nice too (apart from the lime one, which is rank).

btw, the petrol example above wasn't exactly true - I got 2 x 1.5l of Volvic flavoured for ÂŁ1, which isn't anwhere near the price of petrol.

True, depends on the age of the house / if they've recently had a combi fitted etc, but you make a fair point, I shouldn't assume :D

Rest easy Iccz, I have a combi so I am fine. Although I shouldn't really lick the tap to get the drippers out :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom