1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best bookshelfs between 200 and 300 GBP?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by twochordcool, Jul 8, 2005.

1. twochordcool

twochordcool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone!

I am going through the perfectionist / painstaking process of trying to put together a decent and affordable stereo and home theater for a small to average sized room. I listen to all kinds of music ranging from Classical to House music.

I live on the "other side of the pond" of most of you guys...

I have read some very good reviews of some British speakers - particularly the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1, the B&W DM601 and DM602 S3, and the Monitor Audio Bronze B2.

I have also read some terrific reviews on Canadian speakers - Paradigm, Axiom and Energy speakers in particular.

Additionally I have read some great reviews on a few American speakers - Ascend Acoustics and NHT!

AS WELL AS good reviews JMlab Chorus 706 S and the PSB Image B25, which is supposed to be amazing!

HOW does one make a decision when he does not live near any dealers of any of these speakers?

So, I have 2 questions for anyone willing to answer!

1) Can you name 3 excellent "no-brainer" speakers that you would be more than pleased with if given to you, that cost between 200 and 300 pounds?

2) Can you name 3 that are highly reviewed by some that you would try to avoid like the plague for some reason?

:)

Thank you!

2. twochordcool

twochordcool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot!

:rolleyes:

:(

:mad:

:confused:

:rolleyes:

:lease:

3. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    i'd say best standmount speakers around £200 are Epos ELS3, then Mordaunt Short 902s at £150