Best Blu ray player upto £250

happyhotspur

Novice Member
I am just about to buy my new Plasma 3D 42 inch TV and was wondering what was the best Blue ray DVD player to purchase.

I will have a budget of £250. I am out of touch with these players my present one is an Oppo upscaling DVD player that is over five years old now.

Anybody got any recommendations please.

mentm

You won't go far wrong with a sony or panasonic player and they can be had for a lot less than your budget.

panny 110 or sony s480 without wifi.

panasonic 210 or sony s580 with wifi.

happyhotspur

Novice Member
Sorry for the late reply. Many thanks for your recommendations.

I am now looking to make my purchase so will look at your suggestions.

skk3

happyhotspur

Novice Member
Sorry if I seem a bit thick, but the Richer site shows the BDT110 at £89.95 or multi region at £109.95. This is the same for the BDT210.

But do I need a multi region player?

Racquel Darrian

Distinguished Member
I can highly recommend the Panasonic BDT310.

happyhotspur

Novice Member
Apart from the obvious, what do you think makes the 310 so much better than the basic 110?

To be honest I currently don't get much opportunity to watch DVD's due to work pressure, so an all singing all dancing player may just be wasted on me. However my grandchildren will appreciate watching 3D's on my TV when they visit.

mentm

Apart from the obvious, what do you think makes the 310 so much better than the basic 110?

To be honest I currently don't get much opportunity to watch DVD's due to work pressure, so an all singing all dancing player may just be wasted on me. However my grandchildren will appreciate watching 3D's on my TV when they visit.

210 has wifi
310 has two hdmi outs

other than that i suspect they are very similar.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom