Best Blu-Ray player thats cheaper than a PS3

DanH1984

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm after a blu-ray player that is cheaper than the PS3.

What is the best player on the market in this price range and is it better than the PS3 and as future proof in terms of updates.
I was looking at the Sony BDP S300 but have no idea how it compares.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi, I;m after a blu-ray player that is ideally cheaper than the PS3.

What is the best player on the market in this price range and is it better than the PS3 and as future proof in terms of updates.

Thanks in advance.

Panasonic DMP-BD30 :thumbsup:

if you need decoders I.E turehd and dts-hd go for the BD50

:smashin:

Hi, I'm after a blu-ray player that is cheaper than the PS3.

Thanks in advance.

Hi DanH1984. :)
Samsung 1500 :smashin: 2.0 ready.ethernet for updates.
Forget the Sony :( too old and slow.
All the best.

I don't know anything about it being faster/better but I believe the best price today is here [Amazon.co.uk]

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Does anyone know how this new Samsung stacks up against the Panasonic BD30? It looks very tempting given it's £100 cheaper.

Does anyone know how this new Samsung stacks up against the Panasonic BD30? It looks very tempting given it's £100 cheaper.

Hi SonicHedgehog. :)
Both the same Blu-ray PQ :cool: and near as dammit the same with DVD as well. :D
There both profile 1.1 but the 1500 can be upgraded tp profile 2.0 :smashin: so of course has an ethernet connection :thumbsup: handy for firmware updates.
If you like the Panasonic brand,then go for that.
All the best.

I have a BDP1500 & the Onkyo 605, The picture & sound is FANTASTIC espicially when running TrueHD & DTSMasteraudio

Thanks for the reply. Think I might take the plunge for £180. Just wish there was a review I could read.

Thanks for the reply. Think I might take the plunge for £180. Just wish there was a review I could read.

User feedback is usually a good way to gauge a player. :smashin:

I have owned the 1500 for three weeks now and it has not skipped a beat since I got it. I have never been a fan of Samsung but I am very impressed with this player, it does exactly what it says on the tin. IMHO at £184 + free BD from Amazon it's a no brainer. I chose 'The Orphanage' as my freebie and the DTS-MA track bitsteamed to my 875 is a revelation, not to mention the PQ.:smashin:

I have owned the 1500 for three weeks now and it has not skipped a beat since I got it. I have never been a fan of Samsung but I am very impressed with this player, it does exactly what it says on the tin. IMHO at £184 + free BD from Amazon it's a no brainer. I chose 'The Orphanage' as my freebie and the DTS-MA track bitsteamed to my 875 is a revelation, not to mention the PQ.:smashin:

DID it come in a tin :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom