Best blu-ray partner for Pioneer SC-LX81 reciever

deant22

Standard Member
Hi,

I've just moved to Singapore & am looking for a blu-ray player to partner with the above. I will then have it hooked up to B&W XT4's along with the XTC & corresponding rear speakers.

Ideally i would have gone with the pioneer BDP-LX71, but it seems to have mixed reviews & the LX91 is simply too pricey. The Denon-2500BT looks good, but is it a good match? I'm completely new to the forum & keen to learn

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I've just moved to Singapore & am looking for a blu-ray player to partner with the above. I will then have it hooked up to B&W XT4's along with the XTC & corresponding rear speakers.

Ideally i would have gone with the pioneer BDP-LX71, but it seems to have mixed reviews & the LX91 is simply too pricey. The Denon-2500BT looks good, but is it a good match? I'm completely new to the forum & keen to learn

Welcome to the forum deant22. :)
The match seems fine yes :smashin: simply connect HDMI from the Denon to your LX81 so the amp can decode the sound.
All the best.

Welwynnick

Distinguished Member
Hi,

Hi Deant,

I have a Pio SC-LX81 and a Denon 2500, and I can't say I'd recommend it as a combination. They're good but not brilliant in isolation, and not the best of pairings.

Instead, I think its the SC-LX81 and BDP-LX51 that were made for eachother, perhaps even more than the LX71. The HDMI audio rate control pretty much takes away the need for good digital audio performance from the player.

This means you don't need an expensive player to have a great system. I think I've made a small but correctable mistake, and I think you have the opportunity to avoid this. Both do OK with SD and HD video, and I think other factors will be more important.

BR, Nick

Sti Vi

Standard Member
Hi,

http://www.avforums.com/forums/members-home-cinema-gallery/1006368-kuro-heaven.html :rotfl::thumbsup:

deant22

Standard Member
Cheers for this guys...Just getting into the higher end stuff & appreciate the words of experience.
I supppose another more open question would be if you have 2,500 pounds to spend on a receiver and a blu-ray player what would you buy - this will all be hooked up to a Sony bravia, i keep my music on a mac mini with a 1 terabyte separate hard-drive (also keep TV shows etc on this)

Thoughts?

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Cheers for this guys...Just getting into the higher end stuff & appreciate the words of experience.
I supppose another more open question would be if you have 2,500 pounds to spend on a receiver and a blu-ray player what would you buy - this will all be hooked up to a Sony bravia, i keep my music on a mac mini with a 1 terabyte separate hard-drive (also keep TV shows etc on this)

Thoughts?

Hi. :)
The players the easy part if your connecting HDMI but for the amp then do your research thoughrolly. :smashin:
Cheers.

Welwynnick

Distinguished Member
I supppose another more open question would be if you have 2,500 pounds to spend on a receiver and a blu-ray player what would you buy -
To be clear, does this mean that you don't actually have an SC-LX81 yet?

Nick

deant22

Standard Member
Nick,

Thats right.

Went to the shop on Friday to get the LX 81 (having read what Hi-fi), then thought...Mmm is this exactly the right combo? Then started searching the web for you guys. (point of note is that in Singapore there is a whole mall devoted to high-end audio visual... madness!)

The LX 81 did have the best write ups (barring the new sony, which is not available here).
I got the XT's through a deal with a client, so i started this project arse about face, now i want to do it justice with my 2.5 grand sterling for the blu-ray & reciever. Again, i use the mac Mini for downloads of TV / movies from the web & for music from Itunes (as least compressed as possible).

all comments massively appreciated.

Dean

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED First Thoughts + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 Review, TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom