Votes: 85 27.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Here are the nominations for the best Blu-ray of 2016.
Please vote for the one which you think is best. The winning Blu-ray will receive an AVF Members' Choice award.
Please also vote in these polls:
Best Film of 2016
and if you own a UHD Blu-ray player Best Ultra HD Blu-ray of 2016
Thank you

Last edited:
The Revenant for me. Great film and outstanding picture and audio

The Neon Demon all day long. Film, picture and audio out of this world.

Sicario was an excellent all rounder too.
I'll check it out cheers

Voted for The Neon Demon by a cats hair from the films listed , bat**** crazy film , and a soundtrack to die for from Cliff Martinez.

Last edited:
What was the criteria for the list and who decided?

I'm slightly curious too, e.g. Why are we considering the 3D edition of Star Wars: The Force Awakens yet not the 3D edition of Finding Dory?

Its not a level playing field when a 3D disc is put against 2D discs. There should be a separate poll for the best 3D disc of 2016. Why was Star Wars VII 3D included when it had a 2D release also.

Captain America: Civil War and Finding Nemo 3D discs, and many more could also be included in a 3D shoot-out

Rant over :D

Last edited:
Its not a level playing field when a 3D disc is put against 2D discs. There should be a separate poll for the best 3D disc of 2016. Why was Star Wars VII 3D included when it had a 2D release also.

Captain America: Civil War and Finding Nemo 3D discs, and many more could also be included in a 3D shoot-out

Rant over :D

I actually think it makes for interesting reading at a time when some people are being very vocally critical of 3D that people have chosen a 3D release as the best release of last year.

I actually think it makes for interesting reading at a time when some people are being very vocally critical of 3D that people have chosen a 3D release as the best release of last year.
But is that because there is no 2D option? What are we voting on? Best PQ, best SQ, best bluray package or just the actual film?

Well it would be fairer if the 2d had also been listed but then I can't see many people owning both the 2d and 3d release of TFA so presumably alot of people bought the 3D release on purpose and alot of people like it.

It said best blu ray so i took it to be best blu ray package?

Deadpool for me.

Other discs might have better pq or audio, but this entertained me in a way that is missing from a lot of recent movies.

What are we voting on? Best PQ, best SQ, best bluray package or just the actual film?

I'm voting on picture and sound quality. Batman V Superman.

If it was films I enjoyed, a 576p version of Deadpool would beat blu ray versions of everything else.

I've got to say that Civil War 3D was a stunner for me and especially the way it opened up for the airport fight. The Revenant and Star Wars were better films IMO but I thought Civil War was the best disc

I don't feel like I am qualified to vote here either since:

a) I haven't seen a few of the list (the TV series)

b) Some I have seen but only on either Sky Movies or in cinema (Civil War, Deadpool, Batman vs Super, Revenent, Finding Dory)

c) I have only got the 2D version, not the 3D version (Force Awakens)

I only have two on disc (Sicario and Force Awakens 2D)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom