Best 'Best of...' album to get of 'Blue oyster cult' and 'Yes'.

SOUNDSTYLE

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Or perhaps I should get more than one?

I've searched on Amazon and allmusic.com and each 'best of...' seem to have different tracks on each album.

I just want to get the best songs that they've done for each group.

Thanks

I would recommend Yes Live at the house of blues.
BOC, dunno.

Hope that helps.

For Yes get Close to the Edge ,The Yes Album and Fragile (In that order of preference). Best of the Later stuff was probably 90125.

BOC. Agents of Fortune (has dont fear the reaper, the classic track).

You might also start looking at King Crimson if you like this style and sound, followed by Genesis, Van der Graaf Generator and Emerson Lake and Palmer (these bands became Progressive rock dinosaurs and became unfashionable almost overnight when punk appeared, leaving bands like Talking Heads to take music in a different direction).

For my part, I still listen to Close to the Edge and occasional bits of King Crimson. Genesis, VDGG and ELP never get played (although I can still hum a decent Brain Salad Surgery:D ) and although I dont play BOC, dont Fear the reaper is an enduring classic which rivals Led Zeps Stairway to heaven.

I have all of Blue Oyster Cult's albums, they are all favourites, but if I had to pick three...
Agents Of Fortune
On Your Feet Or On Your Knees
Spectres

Rather than buy a 'best of...' which always misses many great tracks and includes ones you rather not have, look for these in the sales if you like the classic Yes sound (not the 80s Trevor Rabin stuff):

1) Close to the Edge
2) Going for the One
3) The 'Yes Album' (not to be confused with the earlier 'Yes' LP)
4) Fragile
5) Relayer
6) Magnification
7) Tales From Topographic Oceans
8) Tormato

Live from the House of Blues and Live from Amsteram are fantas tic DVDs from the last few years.

Yes Story is a good double CD but unfortunately has some of the Rabin inspired ? stuff.

A lot to take in, but I'll have a search of the internet and see what I come up with.

Thanks again

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom