Best best budget tv for ps5 (2021)

Goona

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi

I’m currently looking to upgrade my tv I currently have a Samsung 43” J5600 5 series full hd tv and I’ve been looking at TVs but keep changing my mind 😂 I like the look of the new 9 series tv from Samsung the AU9000 for its slim bezel and features was wondering what other TVs in this price range would also be a good shout https://www.box.co.uk/soloco/UE50AU...U9000-Crystal-UHD-4K-H_3601884.html#DetailTop

You are best going with a discounted 2020 model than a new 2021 one. You'll pay over the odds for a newly released TV, as much as 50% more even.

AU series replaces the TU series, you can get a TU7100 for less than £400.

As for the new consoles, well two things matter most, HDR picture quality and HDMI 2.1 VRR. Both of which are missing on all budget TVs. The best compromise would be going for a TV the highest tier you can in my guide here:

To tick most boxes you'd need to consider upping the budget to high tier models, that will allow gaming without having to disable HDR on the console, and being able to use new features like HDMI 2.1 VRR (if they ever bring VRR to the PS5).

You are best going with a discounted 2020 model than a new 2021 one. You'll pay over the odds for a newly released TV, as much as 50% more even.

AU series replaces the TU series, you can get a TU7100 for less than £400.

As for the new consoles, well two things matter most, HDR picture quality and HDMI 2.1 VRR. Both of which are missing on all budget TVs. The best compromise would be going for a TV the highest tier you can in my guide here:

To tick most boxes you'd need to consider upping the budget to high tier models, that will allow gaming without having to disable HDR on the console, and being able to use new features like HDMI 2.1 VRR (if they ever bring VRR to the PS5).
The au9000 can process 120hz and don’t like the 7 series bought one for my parents and it’s good set but for myself I’d like something a bit more features

It won't be any better than the TU series, and I'm also pretty sure it won't use a 120hz panel. If it does, it will be 55" and up only.

HDR is a big part of what you buy into nowadays, if you are looking for something premium best sticking with what you have for now and aiming for an LCD TV with around 1000 nits peak brightness and good local dimming such as the 2020 Q80T (55" and 120hz) or an OLED. Cheaper TVs won't display HDR without the picture being too dark and washed out.

It won't be any better than the TU series, and I'm also pretty sure it won't use a 120hz panel. If it does, it will be 55" and up only.

HDR is a big part of what you buy into nowadays, if you are looking for something premium best sticking with what you have for now and aiming for an LCD TV with around 1000 nits peak brightness and good local dimming such as the 2020 Q80T (55" and 120hz) or an OLED. Cheaper TVs won't display HDR without the picture being too dark and washed out.
60hz panel that has

• Dynamic Crystal Colour
  • Motion Xcelerator Turbo
  • OTS Lite
  • AirSlim
  • Crystal Processor 4K
  • Smart TV powered by Tizen
  • Super Ultrawide GameView
  • Adaptive Sound
  • HDR powered by HDR10+
  • FreeSync
  • Multi View
  • Tap View
  • Contrast Enhancer
  • Connected Living

There's nothing about any of those that make it better than the TV it replaces. If you are looking for a similar TV to the TU series last year you'll know what you're buying into with the AU series.

It would be much better instead to try and pick up a 2020 model at discount, preferably saving up for one that actually can display HDR decently such as the Sony XH9505.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom