Best basic Panasonic (non 3d) plasma?

ziplex

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking to replace my ageing Hitachi 42" plasma for a newer set, always said the next TV will be Panasonic so in your opinion which set should I be looking at. I don't need freeview or 3D or endless connectivity.....just a basic plasma but obviously with as best as possible pic' quality for as cheap as possible ;)

The Hitachi has been and still is a great plasma but falls down especially with blu-ray in darker scenes, whether this is because of contrast levels or what I don't know but i'm hoping a newer screen will help. There are endless Panasonic models available from many places typically £399-£500+........any ideas on what to look for?

Is there much point looking at anything other than the TX-P42S30B @£399???

Last edited:
Apparently 2D is better on the ST30, so it's worth getting that even if you won't use the 3D. The panel is higher quality.

Apparently 2D is better on the ST30, so it's worth getting that even if you won't use the 3D. The panel is higher quality.

Appreciate the pointer.......will trawl through some reports, it's more of a mine field now than when I bought my plasma some years back by some margin :laugh:

Would really appreciate hearing from anyone who has had a Hitachi 42PD7200 and moved on to a newer screen for similar reasons as why i'm looking to change :smashin: Although old it's still a great screen, it's just the detail, (or lack of), in darker scenes that drive us mad!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom