Question Best AV Reciever or Package

oliver0331

Afternoon all,

I have stalked these forums for long enough now... finally SWMBO has allowed me to have a 5.1 package in the front room...

Whats the best reciever/package which supports 4k and hdcp 2.2 standard, bearing in mind im on a budget....

Thanks guys.

Cocksure

You've posted this in the wrong forum, you want the AV receivers forum.

Either contact a Mod to ask it to be moved or wait for them to notice it and they will do it for you.

PS helpful to state what your budget is

oliver0331

You've posted this in the wrong forum, you want the AV receivers forum.

Either contact a Mod to ask it to be moved or wait for them to notice it and they will do it for you.

PS helpful to state what your budget is

Thanks mate... £500 max.

dante01

Distinguished Member
You'll be very hard pushed to get both an AV receiver with the abilities you want plus a comparable 5.1 speaker package. The budget for an entry level 5.1 setup would be closer to £1K.

Maybe take a look at Denon's AVRX1200W AV receiver for £300, but I'd suggest you spend more than the remaining £200 on the accompanying 5.1 speaker package. It is suggested that you need to spend at least twice as much on the speaker package as you spent on the receiver in order to get a well balanced setup. The speakers are just as important as the receiver.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Wait and save.

Next years models *should* all be 4k ready, so maybe see whats happens then.

I just spent 1600 euro on speakers and 900 euro on an amp to get what you want, and I didn't buy expensive gear (relative to the market).....

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom