1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best AV Receiver, max height around 15 cm

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by sten, Oct 22, 2004.

1. sten

sten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My system is coming together:

- Hitachi 42PD5200 plasma
    - Sony HX1000 HDD/DVD recorder

I will use the HX1000 for audio CD playback as well, which it appears to do reasonably well (or indeed very good for that type of machine).

I'm now ready to invest in a good AV receiver, but there's a problem. Due to the rack it's going into, it must have a max height of around 15 cm (basically there is 25 cm exactly from bottom to top in the rack and the HX1000 takes up 9 cm, so there's 16 left, but I guess I need at least 1 cm for "breathing" for the receiver.

This space constraint seems to limit my choice quite a bit. The Denon 1905 fits the bill, but is there a better machine, which will fit the height? I'm ready to spend up to around £1000 max.

I need as good audio stereo playback as possible. In a way this is more important than the movie surround sound playback. I will not buy surround sound speakers until (maybe much) later on.

Any recommendations (and any recommendations for speakers for your recommended AV receiver) ?

Thanks guys :thumbsup: