Question Best AV Receiver for £600 for 5.1 setup?

chukkychukky

Hi all,

I would be very grateful for a recommendation.

I am upgrading a Denon AVR-3802 I have used since 2002 (which still sounds great to my ears) as I would like the convenience of HDMI inputs and outputs as well as the ability to use lossless audio such as Dolby Digital HD / Plus and DTS HD.

My main source is a Xbox One S mainly for Netflix / Disney Plus / Amazon Prime as well as the odd Blu-Ray (I currently use the Optical Out to my current Denon AVR-3802), while I think the Optical connection this may maximise the Bitrate of the downstream I suspect I am missing some details that the modern lossless audio formats have.

The HDMI outputs will got to a Panasonic 50GT60 Plasma TV and a Benq W1070 Projector.
Both are 1080P although I will get a 4K display when either of these packs up.

My speakers are the original Kef HTS2001 'Eggs' purchased around the same time as the receiver.
I may upgrade the speakers to another set of satellite speakers in the future but I do not intend to add any more speakers to the 5.1 setup for Atmos / 6.1 / 7.1 due to the nature of my room etc. (any recommendations for speakers are very welcome too)

I am considering the new Denon AVR-X2700 however browsing these forums I am reading a lot of good things about Yamaha products too.

I would really like a reliable product that lasts several years and doesn't cause a lot of grief in setting up - my current Denon AVR-3802 has never missed a beat.
I've been reading about various firmware and software issues with some modern receivers in these forums and I would like to avoid that.

Someone on another thread recommended going for a Yamaha Aventage (1000 series upwards) which I may be able to find used within my budget.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom