best av amp with biwire for less than 300 quid?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by sunnyb4u, Dec 19, 2006.

1. sunnyb4u

sunnyb4u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all

erm i am looking to buy another amp since i love my yamaha rx-v359 but i would like a new amp with more power than my yamaha and i need it to have banana terminals on the back maybe biwire connections? and also it must have say biwire for the sub or phono left and right

erm i am looking for minimum 100 watts per channel as i got an acoustic energy evo 1 5.1 kit with biwire erm i also dont mind it having usb socket to stream music from pc to amp so i dont need my xfi elite sound card

can anyone please help? it will be most appreciated

thanxs

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    You can biwire with any amp by squezzing the cables into one connection. Amps usually don't have biwire connections as such but if available you can use the A & B terminals for that.

??? Are you using a passive subwoofer or why the need to biwire? And what do you mean by 'phono left and right'?
    Sounds like you are referring to the pre-outs, but you don't biwire pre-outs, only speakers.

Maybe you mean splitting, or multi-zone / multi-room outputs? Please clarify.

3. sunnyb4u

sunnyb4u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    erm thanxs for the reply i want to biwire but i also want to use banana plugs since my yamahaha rx-v359 doesnt have those connectors since the caps are filled in with plastic for the uk version and on my subwoofer there is two sockets one red and white phonos for the sub from the amp and it is powered by the mains it is called the gale 8 from richersounds.co.uk for around 60 quid

erm i have seen amps with the banana posts on the back 4mm ones as i would like to youse my qed silver anniversary with the proper banana terminations maybe i can buy a sony or yamahaha?

it must also have usb link to pc so i can strwam music from usb port of pc

many thx for reply guys cheers

4. craigd

craigd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    You might want to try popping the plastic in the plugs out with a pen knike - I had a Yamaha 750 something or other and I'm sure you could do that.

5. lazymatt

lazymatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Yeah,

the little plastic caps are ususally to stop dust getting in. Just pop them out.

To Bi-wire, you would usually have two plugs at the speaker end, and one at the amp end.

You may be talking about bi-amping.

6. sunnyb4u

sunnyb4u

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thx again for reply

erm i tried to popp them out but they wont so i took a sharp knife and cut them out and i can see the terminal at the ed the banana plug fits but i have to wiggle them as they wont sit i am guessing the hole is too big? erm they will onyl work if you wiggle them i have also tried the short fatter banana plugs but to no avail anyone please help me?

7. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    It's sufficient to use one connection only as the sub is mono, sometimes the sub actually has one of the inputs labelled as "mono".
    If you still want to use both inputs for whatever reason get a Y-cable (one phono to two phono, all mono).