1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best audio/video cable for Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Triggaaar, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    Having at last bought a surround sound system, I'm after a cable to give the best picture quality, and DD 5.1.

I can use either optical or digital coax for audio.
    Video will go into a Lumagen HDP, so it can take most inputs. What's the best video out option for the Xbox?

Thanks

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +723
    Is your 'box modded or not?

If vanilla the regular offical advanced scart will do the job, if modded the offical high-def pack is the one for you, available from liksang amoung others.

3. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,012
    It's not currently modded. Just been reading the threads on modded boxes. Like the idea of Hi def. Seems I'd need R1 disks to make the most of it, but that's ok. Not interested in multi media capabilities.

However, will a modded box mean I can't use xbox Live? I would only like the Hi def functionality.

If I don't mod it, the Lumagen will take component & svideo, but not a scart.

Thanks

4. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I agree. If its modded you have to go for the ms hd pack. £20 from lik sang. Apparently monster do a xbox hd cable. Its only available in the states and is meant to give better quality.

I can tell you from personal experience the MS high def pack produces excellent results.

You can use modded xboxes on xblive as long as you get a chip that can be switched of and the console is setup for dual boot (Two versions of dash board) Plenty of people on here do this without any problems. If you are a novive you really need to buy one pre modded. I got mine done at a local computer fair so I am not in a position to recommend anywhere I am afraid unless you live in or near Manchester.

Personally I could use xblive with my chipped xbox but dont. I have used it in the past but have found no convinving reason do use it again at the moment.

Why ? I use xb connect, better selection of games (been playing Halo on it for a couple of years is the best game currently available for the xbox available on XB live ?

And its free :) Now when Halo 2 is released that is another question. Will be more, faster, hosted servers on xblive. By then Xb will be £80 I will probably buy another console just to play this game on live or buy an NTSC box from the states (Where reconned boxes are available for around £70)

I am from the train of thought that sooner or later ms will close the loopholes so you can use chipped xb on live. So why bother with the hastle ?