Best and Worst AV websites

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by rugal316, Apr 25, 2007.

1. rugal316

rugal316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

im new to this forum and to the av world, and i was wondering your best places and worst places you guys get your AV equipment from.

Best: AV Rabbit, good looking website and excellent customer service

Worst: Chase AV Direct, i actually went there to collect my item, its run by 3 people, and the website is absolutely crap, avoid at all costs

Im still exploring other websites but these are the best and worst so far.

2. gaz2810i

gaz2810i

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +437
    RGB direct were pretty appalling. long delivary times with short 24 hours notice of day and appalling cutomer service. And to top it all off they sold me a second hand/ex display model (pioneer PDP 427XD) as new

Please do not use them

3. john9876

john9876

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Agreed, RGB Direct are to be avoided.

I ordered an Alphason stand from them. Then after authorising my debit card (which I know because looking at online banking the exact price was removed from available funds) they:-

1) emailed to say there was a problem authorising payment and I was to phone them;
    2) when I phoned them they said there was no problem with authorising payment, that the email was sent in error, but they couldn't deliver stands as they're so fragile that over 50% of them arrived broken (?!) so the order would have to be cancelled and they would send me the correct email explaining this - and when I explained that the price had already been removed from the available funds in my bank accout they said they couldn't reverse the card authorisation and it would just expire;
    3) I then received an email which was one very long sentence with dozens of different excuses - they obviously couldn't be bothered selecting which one was appropriate and deleting the others so just sent them all.

A week later the price has still not been restored to the available funds in my bank account. They're still offering Alphason stands for delivery on their website. Not sure whether this is some kind of scam, dishonesty or just incredible incompetence, but avoid RGB Direct like the plague is my advice. Sure, their prices look good, but you get (or don't get) what you pay for!

4. gaz2810i

gaz2810i

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +437
    yeah and if you must use them and by a pio 427xd check the service menu as you may have my old tv.