Best Amplifier for Monitor Audio Speakers and Multi Room Audio

hender100

Novice Member
Hey all!

I have just built my first house and pre-wired up the living room before plastering for a 7.1 surround sound. I have never dabbled in home cinema ever before but am very into my music, guitars an good sound and have dreamed of having an amazing sound system throughout my house.

I have the below speakers bought and installed in the living room:

Centre: Monitor Audio Bronze C150
Front Left and Right: 2x Monitor Audio Bronze 6
Ceiling Speakers: 2x Monitor Audio C180
Rear/Surround Speakers: 2x Monitor Audio Vecta V240

With this, I have one item left to buy for this room (aside from a sub) - the amplifier.

I have been thinking about the Denon X2700, however have been advised this makes the monitor audio speakers a tad too bright. Would this be correct?

If anyone has any advise on an amplifier best suited to these speakers in my living room that’d be absolutely brilliant. The room is 6.5x4m, and the ceiling is vaulted.

My house has 3 other rooms also pre-wired up with speakers ready for amps, and my current thought is to use the Sonos Amps to tie it all up, and then use a Sonos Port connected to the living room amp to include it as a zone also. I looked at the HEOS system by Denon but have been advised it isn’t anywhere near as stable or user friendly as Sonos which is unfortunate as that would have saved some money. If there are other multi-room system options out there that you would advise given all of the above please do let me know.

Open to all suggestions and advise, even swapping out the speakers and Sonos amps for something different! Thank you in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom