Best Amp Under £200

adamferg1000

Standard Member
Hi

I am looking at an amp for under £200, i will be connecting the amp to my pc/ps3/cd player & my Sony Bravia tv. Was wondering what the best options are, i have been told that the Yamaha RX-V361 & RX-V363 are good options.
What are other people opions

Cheers

:clap:

UnGreat

I'm in the same boat as my cheap surround i've had a few years has just died. Richer sounds has the V361 for £120 and digitaldirect the V363 for £179.

In my case it's for a bedroom with the setup in my sig.

rwniel

Novice Member
Up to a short while ago I would have said the Yamaha DSP-AX761, but it's becoming increasingly harder to find meaning the price has risen; it's otherwise a good match with the PS3 specifically (since it has the ability to take the decoded blu-ray formats such as Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA along with uncompressed PCM over hdmi). If you don't need to buy now you might want to consider waiting for the Sony STR-DG720. Otherwise of current models of av amps/receivers, the Cambridge Audio Azur range are worth looking at (- the 540R for example) as is the Onkyo SR505.

Depending on the output connections on your pc, analogue multi-channel sound inputs on the amp would be advantageous (- in that case one reason to consider the Cambridge Audio over the Onkyo). If your pc has either optical or coaxial digital output then that won't be required.

Robert

UnGreat

Up to a short while ago I would have said the Yamaha DSP-AX761, but it's becoming increasingly harder to find meaning the price has risen; it's otherwise a good match with the PS3 specifically (since it has the ability to take the decoded blu-ray formats such as Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA along with uncompressed PCM over hdmi). If you don't need to buy now you might want to consider waiting for the Sony STR-DG720. Otherwise of current models of av amps/receivers, the Cambridge Audio Azur range are worth looking at (- the 540R for example) as is the Onkyo SR505.

Depending on the output connections on your pc, analogue multi-channel sound inputs on the amp would be advantageous (- in that case one reason to consider the Cambridge Audio over the Onkyo). If your pc has either optical or coaxial digital output then that won't be required.

Robert

That STR-DG720 looks good, any idea what the UK price will be?

Andeh

Just for the record, im in the same boat & will be keeping an eye on this thread to see what comes up!

cheers for the response guys :)

UnGreat

Just for the record, im in the same boat & will be keeping an eye on this thread to see what comes up!

cheers for the response guys :)

Seems Sony are coming out with budget units soon. As a previous poster mentioned the Sony STR-DG720 looks good and hopefully shouldn't be to expensive (£180 maybe?). 1080p HDMI, 7.1 among other features looks good.

rwniel

Novice Member
That STR-DG720 looks good, any idea what the UK price will be?
I'm expecting it to be 'around £200'. It'll therefore take over as the least expensive av receiver able to accept LPCM surround sound over its hdmi connection (i.e. a good match with the PS3 as a blu ray player providing performace turns out to be acceptable). Depending on ability, the STR-DG820 may turn out to be better value though.

Robert

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom