• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Best all round 4K/Atmos Player

mr starface

Have been running kodi on one of the first NUC's available for years now to serve all the media ripped to my server running windows 7.

Getting long in the tooth now though and as I now have a 4k setup need to upgrade.

Have read a lot of the threads here as there are so many player options available and there isnt one that seems to stand out above the others?

I want a future proof box that is speedy and plays anything I throw at it including 4k files, HDR, Atmos/DT-X and Blu Ray Menus. Something that doesnt cost the earth or need loads of configuring and maintenance also a plus.

Preferably running Kodi as I use this upstairs on Pi's so I can share the media library and resume videos from where I left off. Amazon and Netflix support isnt a concern for me as the TV handles those.

Any ideas appreciated!

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom