1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best All In One

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bigddd, Mar 31, 2005.

1. bigddd

bigddd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I would really appreciate some advise on which plasma would I be best suited to for a 42" all in one. I dont want to have to organise seperate speakers or tuner etc. But I would like something HD TV ready? Would the Philips 42PF9966 be worth considering? Any comments would be really appreciated.
    Dominic

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    forget the philips, look at Pioneer 435FDE/XDE and panny TH-42PV500 for HD ready plasma wit tuner speakers etc

3. bigddd

bigddd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks horny dragon can you reccomend any good suppliers and what is a good target price for those models? i have heard the hitachi is very good would you reccomend that over the pioner?
    thanks again

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    for HD ready TV forget hitachi (long winded answer to do with "alis" have a search if you are bored) try www.AV-sales.com they are competitive offer 2yr warranty on Pio (Pio works dealer) and very keen panny prices, also Excellent service (again have a search)

5. bigddd

bigddd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Once again thanks alot.
    i guess I will go for the pio. However what is the difference between the FDE and the XDE. Which one should I opt for?
    thanks

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    why not the panny?
    and difference between XDE and FDE is pretty clear if you read the spec (no digital tuner, VGA input etc etc)

7. superpixel

superpixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you'd be loopy not to wait a couple of months....

Brand spanking new HD-ready sets are coming from most of the big guns...and I'm sure all will be a lot cheaper than the current Pioneer price.

Panasonic 42PV500, Hitachi 42PD7200...Sony (based on NEC panel)...Philips (based on Samsung panel)....

and I'd probably rather have any one of those over the Pioneer any day (but we'll have to wait and see - im not a betting man when it comes to predicting PQ of new sets...). the Pioneer is at times unwatchable for me and my family though (my dad owns one, unfortunately).