Best album of all time?

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been giving this some thought lately, and after seeing some hilarious best albums of all time in various magazines, I thought we could have a go?

For me, at the moment at least, i'm struggling to see beyond:

Back In Black, AC/DC

Very difficult to decide this.........
At the moment, probably....Eels- Electro Shock Blues

Heathen! ;)

Must admit, i've never been able to get into Pink Floyd!

i was the same till a couple of years ago when i had a evening to myself with a bottle of wine + low lights- now i would have to agree there extremely good- gotta put the dark side album on- start to finish- the album is a journey not a 1 song hit. yove got to try it.:smashin:

i find the best album changes- it depends on what im feeling- if somthing happens to hit a note with me and i feel the album realy makes sence at that time - sometimes it can be realy unexpected- like yesterday when i payed kanyewests first album- i hated it till then!

I know I'll get some stick but for me it has to be:

Thriller - Michael Jackson!!!:eek::D

It was so special at the time and I can't believe its 25 years ago!!!:eek::(

Gary

Showing your age Gary ;)

I know I'll get some stick but for me it has to be:

Thriller - Michael Jackson!!!:eek::D

It was so special at the time and I can't believe its 25 years ago!!!:eek::(

Gary

there's no stick from me, my musical tastes may have developed & widened over the years but I can remember listening to this on CD on the first Sony Discman through an excellent pair of Sony MDR-V6 Monitor headphones (which I still use today) well over 25 years ago & being completely blown away, the future had arrived. 25 years later & nobody has come close to the outlandish talent of Jacko back then, including himself, that artist, the birth of CD & the music video changed everything.

come on fellas it has to be "london calling" the clash,could easily listen to it all day, aahh happy days back then no kids ,no mortgage

I may be showing my age but I was only 11 when it came out!:D

Another fave of mine I keep coming back to has to be:

Dire Straits -= Brothers in arms!:clap: A real classic!:thumbsup:

With over 3000 albums and counting I couldnt pick a best , but these are the ones I come back to time and time again.

Exile on main street Rolling stones
Led Zeppelin IV or Led Zeppelin II
Wish you were here Pink Floyd
Astral Weeks Van Morrison
Live Rust Neil Young
Kind of Blue Miles Davis
A love Supreme John Coltrane
Divinites Ian Anderson
Loaded Velvet Underground
Strange Days The Doors
After the Goldrush Neil Young
Heart attack and Vine Tom Waits
The Bends Radiohead
Band of Gypsys Jimi Hendrix
Achtung Baby U2
ill Communication Beastie Boys

I'd agree with Surfing with the Alien by Satriani , however I play guitar , and I just cannot see anyone who doesnt getting into that album , he is a guitar players guitar player !

Are we talking favourite album of all time ??

Desert Island discs so to speak......??

If that was the case there are two........because there is no way I would say either rated 'best' album, but it is the only one that I have actively sort on CD even though I had the original album. I even bought one CD again and had to get a special edition remaster.....

King Crimson - Court of the Crimson King
Yes - Close to the Edge

:rolleyes:God, two prog rock classics.......Im going to hide my face now :suicide:

Kind of Blue Miles Davis
A love Supreme John Coltrane

When I came into this I thought I maybe totally out of kilter with most here. Like you I can't come up with just one album but my top three have to be Porgy And Bess by Miles Davis and Gil Evans, Out of The Cool and There Comes A time, both by Gil Evans.

Superb music.
Bri

This is obviously one of those questions that no one can agree on as it is down to personal taste. For me if it is to be the best album of all time it means there is not a single track where you think whilst playing "I'll skip this track to get to the one I want to hear". Every track is a classic that you could listen to again and again.

So it has to be.......Vol 3 The subliminal verses by Slipknot. In my head that is controversial but even albums like Back in Black I skip tracks to listen to the ones I want to hear. It never happens with Vol 3. :eek:

I have actually surprised myself.

Deep Purple - Made in Japan - What music should be about -musicians at the top of thier form - live and no studio trickery. Lots of improvisation - the live tracks on this album are better than their studio counterparts - the band was on fire during this period.

yeah,like a few of you have stated,there are quite a lot of good albums,too many to list,but some good one's have been mentioned,will have to dig a few of them out and give them a go,

its really difficult to say what my favourite album of all time is, since I have so many favourites ... but looking at it from number of plays I can narrow it down to these:
Metallica - ... And Justice For All
The Beatles - Abbey Road
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Leftfield - Leftism
Rush - 2112

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom