Question Best Airplay sounder / speaker for £200

mickemo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

Im after an Airplay enabled soundbar / speaker, it will be used in the kitchen (approx 5M x 4M)

I have a budget of about £200

Primary uses will be streaming audio (Deezer, Apple Music etc..) via iOS devices

Ive seen the Azatom Stealth which seems to get some decent reviews on Amazon for £189 AZATOM Stealth Bar AZAHD1 Wireless Sound bar with HDMI AirPlay Bluetooth® and Dolby It has lots of inputs but looks a little bulky

Richer Sounds have the Mission Aero speaker on a special for £199 AERO | MISSION | Part of the IAG Group Ltd. My wife likes the design on this one a lot & it matches the TV it will sit beneath

Or maybe this from Monitor Audio MONITOR AUDIO AIRSTREAM S300Black Wireless Music System

Has anyone heard any of these and are there any others i should be looking at instead around this price ??

Cheers in advance for any insight

over 200 views and not one reply - oh well

I bought the Mission Aero and if anyone is interested ill post up my thoughts

over 200 views and not one reply - oh well

I bought the Mission Aero and if anyone is interested ill post up my thoughts

Hi mickemo, I'd be really interested to hear your experience with the Mission Aero, I can't find very much about it anywhere else.
I recently bought a similar device from Richer Sounds (Monitor Audio s200) and ended up having to send it back because I couldn't get the DLNA functionality to play ball at all.

Like the Monitor Audio, I believe the Mission Aero doesn't come with its own mobile app you need to use to interact with it (like Sonos does for example), which given my experience with the Monitor Audio, makes me apprehensive. How easy was it for you to set up DNLA streaming with the Mission Aero, and what if any apps are you using?

Hi there! I've not been on av for ages, just saw your post :) I see you've bought the mission, but wondered if you've considered chromecastaudio? Add to existing hi and any speakers with optical or 3.5 and run Spotify, tunein, and other apps very very well, quality keeps on improving with updates and crazily inexpensive multi room at 25 pounds each! I have 6 now, connected to home cinema, active speakers, high quality dab radios, and onkyo speaker dock! means you can simply buy the best sounding speakers and add chromecastaudio to them, nice app too....just a thought in case you fancy multi room too :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom