Best Air Printers Available?

AndrewP84

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been looking to get an AirPrint Compatible printer for use with my iPhone 4S if I need to print anything and also when I get an iPad whether it will be a 2 or 3 remains to be seen. I have had a look at the printers below taken from the Apple Site:

AirPrint Printers - Apple Store (UK)

Does anyone have any reccomendations? My current printer is a Lexmark however I want to get something I can print directly to without any Apps needed. I hear HP are the best Air Print Printers to go for rather than Epson?

Any suggestions would be welcome :), I was thinking of getting the below printer:

HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One AirPrint Printer - Apple Store (UK)

Thanks

Andrew

I posted a deal for the HP 3050A which is selling for only £25 from HP direct. Full ink pack for it costs a tenner.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/comp...50a-e-all-one-wifi-airprint-25-delivered.html

Direct link to HP: http://h40059.www4.hp.com/uk/printers/internal/product.php?id=CR231B&experience=direct

Have a look at the other printers using this last link which seems to make them cheaper than going to HP directly. Think you'll find printers to be much cheaper outside of the Apple Store.

I have this one: http://h40059.www4.hp.com/uk/printers/internal/product.php?id=CQ521B&experience=direct

Been great and has just about all the features possible. Duplex scan, duplex print, fax... Now selling for £57!

I was a big fan of Epson until recently, but got tired of the printheads always clogging up due to little use. I just print a few times a month. Unclogging them took ages and ended up wasting a perfectly good ink cartridge. The HP has had no issue with this.

Last edited:
I posted a deal for the HP 3050A which is selling for only £25 from HP direct. Full ink pack for it costs a tenner.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/comp...50a-e-all-one-wifi-airprint-25-delivered.html

Direct link to HP: HP Printers - Deskjet 3050A e-All-in-One

Have a look at the other printers using this last link which seems to make them cheaper than going to HP directly. Think you'll find printers to be much cheaper outside of the Apple Store.

I have this one: HP Printers - HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-All-in-One

Been great and has just about all the features possible. Duplex scan, duplex print, fax... Now selling for £57!

I was a big fan of Epson until recently, but got tired of the printheads always clogging up due to little use. I just print a few times a month. Unclogging them took ages and ended up wasting a perfectly good ink cartridge. The HP has had no issue with this.

I just ordered that thanks for the info:clap:

Is there cheaper compatible ink cartridges anywhere for it?

Last edited:
Last edited:
cool.

prefer mines though as it is an all in one printer:D

Hi

The HP Photosmart 5155 that Ive provided the link for is an all in one :smashin:.

Baz

Hi Baz,

Yours is a good printer, we have one at work, however the other one does have more features like double sided scan, auto document feeder for the scanner and FAX functions so not a bad deal for the £8 extra. It's is physically larger though.

They're both good options depends on your needs.

Hi Baz,

Yours is a good printer, we have one at work, however the other one does have more features like double sided scan, auto document feeder for the scanner and FAX functions so not a bad deal for the £8 extra. It's is physically larger though.

They're both good options depends on your needs.

Hi

For home use the Photosmart 5515 suits all my g/fs needs. I do prefer the look of the 5515 to be honest.

The link ud provided for the ink, do u need to prove ur staff/student on the site?

Thanks

Baz

Just been on the HP site and bought the 5510.
For £40, I think that's a bit of a bargain.

Do you get ink carts included in the box?

Hi

Yeah, theres ink in the box :smashin:. Were u charged for posted on the HP site?

Have u got the link? Its coming up as £59.00, £56.05 with the discount.

Baz

Last edited:
Indeed it is a bit bulky, and doesn't hide it's office equipment looks but then the extra features are really useful to me. Thanks for posting the Curry's deal though, didn't know they were that cheap there too.

The site is a bit odd and they say they will confirm the orders but my order went through without any proof or confirmation. It was also a very hot deal on HKUD so they'll be very busy confirming all the orders :)

Maybe not 100% guaranteed they'll go through though, but you have nothing to lose by trying.

You get "setup" carts, which tend to have half the ink of normal ones.

You get "setup" carts, which tend to have half the ink of normal ones.

Hi

Yeah they do, but they show up as full when u check them via the software. Cheeky HP have programmed the chip to lie to us lol.

Baz

hybridtheory said:
Hi

Yeah, theres ink in the box :smashin:. Were u charged for posted on the HP site?

Have u got the link? Its coming up as £59.00, £56.05 with the discount.

Baz

Don't know how to link on iPad, sorry.
Its on the HP site that gkpm linked to.
Free delivery.

I put in an order for ink using the link above. Got an email saying it would need to be checked before it could proceed and then another about 20 mins later confirming it had been accepted. Didn't ask for any proof of status re staff/student

Hi

I was so plz'd with my g/f's purchase on the HP Photosmart 5515, I bought one myself. I just have one issue. Mine is connected to an iMac and for the life of me, I can't find the option to set the printer for double sided. It was much easier to find on mt g/f's Windows pc lol. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Baz

Hi

I was so plz'd with my g/f's purchase on the HP Photosmart 5515, I bought one myself. I just have one issue. Mine is connected to an iMac and for the life of me, I can't find the option to set the printer for double sided. It was much easier to find on mt g/f's Windows pc lol. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Baz

It should be similar to mine, first go to System Preferences -> Print & Scan,
choose your printer and then click "Options & Supplies", then under the Driver tab make sure the option saying "HP Two sided Printing Accessory" is checked.

After that it's just a matter of choosing Two-sided in the usual print dialog.

ScreenShot2012-01-06at195611.png

Hi all,

I decided to go the other way, I've gone from a HP 990CXI (about 10 years old) and decided to go for the Epson Stylus SX535WD, got to say very happy with it, and the speed it spits out the pages, it's so much faster that my old printer, but tbh the main reasons I bought it was for the Air Print feature and that it's got a Network Port, so instead of using the WiFi on it (which it has too) I've connected it to my Router, so my Son can easily print out from his Laptop, and able to print from out iPod/iPhone's. I thought a good price (more that what your paying for the HP I'm afraid) at £67.99 from PC World.

Thought I'd give it a mention. :)

Mark.

It should be similar to mine, first go to System Preferences -> Print & Scan,
choose your printer and then click "Options & Supplies", then under the Driver tab make sure the option saying "HP Two sided Printing Accessory" is checked.

After that it's just a matter of choosing Two-sided in the usual print dialog.

Hi

Under The Driver Tab, I have no options. If I select Two Sided from the print dialogue in the screenshot, I get the following message in the file attached below.

Another thing Ive noticed is, when I print anything off the printer icon on the dock jumps up and down and has a yellow warning triangle on the bottom left of the print icon. Is that normal, if not what would be the reason for it?

Thanks

Baz

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-01-06 at 20.20.11.png
    Screen Shot 2012-01-06 at 20.20.11.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 488

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom