1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Action/Shoot 'em up on PS2?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by kismet110, Apr 20, 2005.

1. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    Can anyone suggest a really good game that fits the above genre on the PS2?:lease:

I've ordered a component cable so my son can hook up his PS2 to the plasma/surround system and I'd like a fast-moving action/shoot 'em up that not only is great to play but has excellent graphics and sound too - I'm assuming such a title exists?

A friend did mention a recent Vietnam based game (title escapes me) but aside from this my PS2 games knowledge is poor to say the least so your help would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

ALI

2. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    Bump? Anobody have an opinion? Surely someone does....!

3. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Conflict Vietnam is probably the game that your friend mention, but unfortunately its not very good, Conflict Desert Storm 1&2 on the other hand are good thou.

There was a major release from Sony at christmas called KillZone that was hyped up to be a Halo-beater but when released it didn't live up to teh hype but is still 'quite' good and is a bit of a looker graphics wise, so you may want to check that out if you find it cheap, but for a good new game Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 is probaly the pick of the bunch, it looks and sounds great, even on the ps2!

4. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    Thanks for the info iamtheone, sounds like Ghost Recon is the one to go for. Will check out reviews/prices of it and also KillZone.

Thanks again, any other opinions would be appreciated.

ALI

5. Nivelo

Nivelo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Watch out for Killzone, there was a massive amount of hype around it - Ps2's Halo Killer etc. and some of the reviews will be based upon that :rolleyes:

The demo I played was pretty average and while it looks quite nice it has bad popup on buildings etc.

Needless to say, I didn't buy it :D

If Ghost Recon is anything like the PC version then this would be a good bet.

Rez is superb, in a different vein but will be impossible to find new, I'd imagine.

Andy

6. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    Thanks for that, checking online reviews about Ghost Recon 2 and it does sound like exactly the thing I need!

Will avoid KillZone now & keep eyes open for Desert Storm & Rez - Resident Evil?

ALI

EDIT: Just ordered Ghost Recon 2 off Play, thanks for your advice!