Question Best action camera for motorcycle use

directorfilms

Standard Member
Reaction score
HI guys and gals,
Right so I am looking for an action camera specifically for my commute to work around the city, which has these features, wide angle view like 170 degrees, loop recording feature, and removable battery, and I want to use it all year, in the rain etc. What are my options?
Thanks

Thanks for the link! Looks interesting, but I don't think it has a loop function. I've been searching for ages and this one didn't even pop up so cheers

I can recommend this Search - Joovuu Store which I used on a roadtrip last summer.
I used one in the windscreen and another pointing out of the side window. The case of the one in the windscreen melted while we were in Death Valley, but is still working mounted in our Audi today.
It loops and has wide angle, but doesn't have a removable battery. Instead you might want to mount it on your bike connected to the battery so that it powers on with the ignition. That way you can just forget about it safe in the knowledge that it's always going to fire up whenever you go out.
Check out the video quality

Stuart, the video quality of the mobius looks quite good. I was expecting "toy" quality, but for its intended purpose, the results look excellent.

How does the camera handle late-afternoon & night-time use? Driving Westward, do low sun angles and, at night with oncoming and/or slightly out-of-frame headlights, lead to a lot of lens flare and veiling glare?

I presume it has a small sensor which gives a very deep DOF, but which also would make the video fairly noisy in LL situations?

Dan.

Just an update, I bought the drift stealth 2,and am more than happy with the quality of the image, it's really small and super easy to mount. The battery life is great, 3 hours, has loop function amongst other things. And you can twist the sensor to make sure the image is level. The only downside I'd say is that the battery is not removeable, but I knew that already. Not bad for £150, and it's built well!

uploadfromtaptalk1439939733686.jpg

Last edited:
Is there a MF version of this helmet mounting bracket, (with accompanying neck brace), so you can use your 645D/645Z as an action cam?

Dan.

:laugh:

The one I linked to is, I think, the high end model so that might just do it- not sure though :). There is a slightly more affordable model which involves elastic bands and scaffolding- you may have success here but I cannot guarantee it.

If you do pull the plug, and you survive, then I'd be grateful to hear your feedback :D

On the off-chance that you do pull the plug and don't survive, it might be sensible to swap Ouija addresses beforehand so you can still offer your feedback. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
it might be sensible to swap
Ouija addresses beforehand so you can still offer your feedback.

You must be an old-timer. Get with the times. Using an Ouija Board for necromancy is so passé. You can now get an app for your smartphone that does that. (Unfortunately, the app's ad-supported, which tends to flatten the user-experience somewhat.)

Dan.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom