Best 75" TV for under £1000

lemoncartz

Novice Member
Is 75" too much for 11.5-12 foot viewing distance?
If not, what's the best TV under 1k?

It seems like the prices start from 800..
I was first fixed on a 65" and getting a cheap and cheerful Samsung TU7100 for £600.

If 75" is ok, I've seen the Sony XH80 from Costco for £999.99 but for that price range, is it correct to say to pay a little more and get some OLED 65" TV?
The TV is for the family and all they ever watch is YouTube and TV that does not stream over 1080p hence why I am reluctant to pay anything over £600.

What's your opinion?

Dodgexander

Not too close at all.
Have you seen the best buy guide here:

High tier would be over budget, so consider if you want some future proofing from the TV to go for a 65" model instead like the Hisense U8Q.

Otherwise for 75" you need to look at mid tier which unfortunately means you'll losing quite a bit of HDR performance.

Mid tier you're looking at models like the TCL C815 or Sony XH90/XH92. The latter has recently been reduced in some Costco stores for less than 1000 which is great value for money.

If you are just after something cheap and want good value for money a 75" model from the low tier such as the Samsung you mention is fine, be sure to understand IPS vs VA before making a decision though. It should be explained in the OP of the guide.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom