1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best 720p video for testing DLP-RP HDTVs

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Tarbat, May 29, 2005.

1. Tarbat

Tarbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +252
    I've decided that the best way of auditioning the various Hi-Def TVs that I'm considering is to take my TabletPC with me to the shops and feed a Hi-Def video into each TV. So, my question - any suggestions on the best 720p hi-def video file out there to use for the test. Anything that VLC-0.8.1 can play, and it has to be 720p. I'm looking for something that will put a HDTV through it's paces, test the full colour range, subtle shades, flesh tones, etc. I'm primarily looking at testing DLP-RPTVs. Thanks.

2. cmt

cmt
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +221
  3. Tarbat

Tarbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +252
    Thanks - already found that thread, but find it very difficult to decide which video would be a good test for a DLP-RP HDTV. Looking for recommendations - thanks.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I guess the only recommendations that would have value would be from people with the same display otherwise there views are coloured by their viewing hardware:)

As a general guide stay away from animation/cgi which tends to look good on anything.
    Legal material would mean sticking with the demos as listed or the HD DVD's that contain a WMV version of a movie at 1280*720p.
    So far I have not been greatly impressed with the quality of those (only watched two though) but the source material may have more to do with that than the actual encoding and mastering of the disk.