Best 720P 32" LCD For £550 or under?

Aidan.

Established Member
Reaction score
hi there,

as lg's 32pg6000 plasma tv has seemingly disappeared, i'm once again back at looking at an lcd television to buy, in the next few months. i'll be viewing the tv from about 4.3 feet, so i assume that's okay for standard definition viewing? here are some notes/requirements:

• i guess tv viewing will be about 50% of standard definition material (in-built freeview tuner, and dvds), and 50% of high defintion gaming, in the form of the xbox 360.
  • i may, at somepoint down the line, invest in a blu-ray player. i know i'll be missing out on some detail, due to me wanting a 720p native resolution tv, but, standard definition is still pretty important to me, so i'm willing to sacrifice some lost detail on blu-ray disks.
  • i don't feel i need 100 hz, as the only sport i'll be watching is formula 1.

so, with that said, i'm looking at a 50 hertz, 720p native resolution tv, for £550, or under. what i have in mind, to purchase, is the Panasonic TX-L32X10, which is floating about for around £440. i'm wondering, based on my requirements, listed above, is there a tv that can better this, at the £550 price bracket? thank you, =)

hi there,

as lg's 32pg6000 plasma tv has seemingly disappeared, i'm once again back at looking at an lcd television to buy, in the next few months. i'll be viewing the tv from about 4.3 feet, so i assume that's okay for standard definition viewing? here are some notes/requirements:

• i guess tv viewing will be about 50% of standard definition material (in-built freeview tuner, and dvds), and 50% of high defintion gaming, in the form of the xbox 360.
  • i may, at somepoint down the line, invest in a blu-ray player. i know i'll be missing out on some detail, due to me wanting a 720p native resolution tv, but, standard definition is still pretty important to me, so i'm willing to sacrifice some lost detail on blu-ray disks.
  • i don't feel i need 100 hz, as the only sport i'll be watching is formula 1.

so, with that said, i'm looking at a 50 hertz, 720p native resolution tv, for £550, or under. what i have in mind, to purchase, is the Panasonic TX-L32X10, which is floating about for around £440. i'm wondering, based on my requirements, listed above, is there a tv that can better this, at the £550 price bracket? thank you, =)

Panasonic TXL32X15 id say is one of the best options it is a nice improvement over the x10 in both sound and picture quality along with having the (optional) 100hz which *can* be useful in some cases.

Id say thats your best bet, however the 32pg6000 is still floating around at some online stores if you can find one!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom