Best 65 inch in the UK for around £500-600. Any deals?

tvisbest

Standard Member
Provided it's in good condition and you're able to test the screen uniformity, yes.
Not able to test the uniformity it will be shipped to me, if i need to return it may be at cost. Is that TV much better than the old 7?

Do you know if the old 8 is likley to come up for sale anywhere for a reasonable price?

Dodgexander

Its too risky to buy second hand without seeing the TV in person really. The seller could be shifting it because they don't like the uniformity, for example. At very least you'd want to get some pics of some gray slides to see.

Also depends where you buy from, I'd be more inclined to trust a long-term member selling their TV here than a random seller on eBay.

The U8Q is a 2020 model and as 2022 models are released it will become 2 years old. Doubt places have enough stock at all for it to come down in price again, but I could be wrong. Usually, 2020 models have sold out by now.

If you're working with a tight budget consider a refurb instead:

Sony X900H and especially the new X90J are better alternatives than the U7Q. The U8Q is more similar to the X95J/XH9505 though.

tvisbest

Standard Member
Its too risky to buy second hand without seeing the TV in person really. The seller could be shifting it because they don't like the uniformity, for example. At very least you'd want to get some pics of some gray slides to see.

Also depends where you buy from, I'd be more inclined to trust a long-term member selling their TV here than a random seller on eBay.

The U8Q is a 2020 model and as 2022 models are released it will become 2 years old. Doubt places have enough stock at all for it to come down in price again, but I could be wrong. Usually, 2020 models have sold out by now.

If you're working with a tight budget consider a refurb instead:

Sony X900H and especially the new X90J are better alternatives than the U7Q. The U8Q is more similar to the X95J/XH9505 though.
Hi this is what the seller said -

"Unfortunately the tv is already boxed away ,but it was full tested for Panel and DSE check before reset the tv."

Dodgexander

Hi this is what the seller said -

"Unfortunately the tv is already boxed away ,but it was full tested for Panel and DSE check before reset the tv."
It's up to you whether you put your trust in them. I'm sure most people are trustworthy, but you always take the risk buying second hand.

Dodgexander

Do you have any recommendations for a good pull out mount and soundbar?
No not really. Mounts it really doesn't matter which you buy as long as it fits the feature set you want. Only thing to check now is that the VESA spacing holes on the mount match the TV. This info is usually in the manual.
Soundbars I'd check reviews and posts here:

There's nothing specific about the TV that means you need to get a certain soundbar.

tvisbest

Standard Member
No not really. Mounts it really doesn't matter which you buy as long as it fits the feature set you want. Only thing to check now is that the VESA spacing holes on the mount match the TV. This info is usually in the manual.
Soundbars I'd check reviews and posts here:

There's nothing specific about the TV that means you need to get a certain soundbar.
Do you know how to get the tv working with google assistant?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom