Best 65" 2021 TV?

flonz

Novice Member
Hi

I'm looking to replace my 55" Samsung tv for a newer 65" oled or Qled TV. It's located in the living room with brightly lit windows during the day, and dark netflix / movie viewings at night. Budget is around 3k. I was considering LG but the C1 is out of stock here.

Samsung 65" QN85A 4K Neo QLED 2021 Television $2687 nzd​

Sony 65 inch X90J 4K LED 2021 Television $2154 nzd (-10%off)​

Panasonic 65" JZ980 OLED 4K Smart TV $3236​

Dodgexander

You need the Sony X95J or Samsung QN9xA models to compare to OLEDs like the Panasonic JZ980. Not lower tier TVs like the QN85A or Sony X90J.

Each OLED has remarkably similar picture quality, be it from LG, Panasonic, Sony, Hisense or Philips. Don't fret too much about differences because of this.

If you want LG, they also do the LG A1 model with a 60hz panel, dimmer. And the B1 which is similar to the C1 but dimmer.

If you set your eyes on LG for certain reasons, just wait for stock to come back in again. There's no rush, since TVs at this time of year tend never to be priced at their lowest anyway.

flonz

Novice Member
You need the Sony X95J or Samsung QN9xA models to compare to OLEDs like the Panasonic JZ980. Not lower tier TVs like the QN85A or Sony X90J.

Each OLED has remarkably similar picture quality, be it from LG, Panasonic, Sony, Hisense or Philips. Don't fret too much about differences because of this.

If you want LG, they also do the LG A1 model with a 60hz panel, dimmer. And the B1 which is similar to the C1 but dimmer.

If you set your eyes on LG for certain reasons, just wait for stock to come back in again. There's no rush, since TVs at this time of year tend never to be priced at their lowest anyway.
Whats the best time of the year for pricing?

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
In the UK and US, it's in the spring, when the new 2022 models are launched and the 2021 models are sold through.

I'm unfamiliar with when in your part of the world. It's very possibly the same.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom