Best 6.1 amp i can get for £550 ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by fishyben, Feb 10, 2002.

1. fishyben

fishyben

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As the header said "Best 6.1 amp i can get for £550 ? "

Thanks, Ben

2. oreoboy13

oreoboy13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can get a Denon 3802 for £620, its probably worth the wait it takes to save up.

3. WSC

WSC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try the Marantz 7200 - can be got for less than £500. I've got the 5200 for £350 (has been on offer for as little as £305 ) which has 6.1 and I like loads.

Listen to anything recommended before buying - your likes won't necessarily be matched by others.

Good luck

4. Craig_Nike

Craig_Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know everybopdy will roll their eyes as they see this - but I have to put in a vote for the QS Sony 1070.

It is a great mahcine and is considerably cheaper than Denon 3802. (apperently 299 ast RS)

Guess it just depenmds on your budget. Spend 299 and spend the rest on moves !

The only thing the 1070 doesn't have is DPLII - but a few people are not that impressed with DPLII anyway. If you're watching mostly DVD movies thans DPLII is irreveant.

5. fishyben

fishyben

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys,
    I went out and auditioned a few today, denon 3802 and Marantz 7200 to name 2 of them.
    at the moment i have a sony strdb940 and to be honest the 1070 is much the same but with 6.1.
    Anyway i'v purchesed the Marantz 7200 for £499 (free p&p) for www.avland.co.uk i'll let you know how i get on with it when it turns up.
    :)