Best 55inch TV sub £1.2k (for movies, sports, not gaming)

Sercs

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Looking through a number of TV options, my budget is 1.2k MAX but ideally lower. Whilst a big gamer, I'm already sorted on that front so the most important thing for me is top notch viewing of standard TV, netflix, sports etc. I'd really like a tv that will make 4k movies and 4k tv series really pop, along with sky sports ultra.

I've looked through a number of different sets, the entry level OLED LG, couple of Sonys, QLEDs etc.

The room is pretty well lit during the day, gets dark in the evenings, its not directly next to any windows but those are around if that affects reflections etc. Based on the above, what would you recommend?

Can give more detail if needed, to the untrained.. there is a lot of tvs, which seem to look the same but evidently are not at all, based on panel, tech, sound, etc and I need help to figure out the logical best buy. I'm in the UK if that makes a difference.

Have a look at high tier in the guide

thanks

It basically looks like the best TV available in my price range is LG OLED55BX6LB?

thanks

It basically looks like the best TV available in my price range is LG OLED55BX6LB?

Or the Sony 55XH9505 if wanting a high performing LCD (£1k) without the possibility of burn in from static images

Or the Sony 55XH9505 if wanting a high performing LCD (£1k) without the possibility of burn in from static images

and so is the only real drawback/negative about the Sony LCD vs LG OLED that the LG has a possibility of burn ins?

But if you no issues with the risks involved with burn in, the option would be LG OLED? Does the Sony LCD outperform in picture quality vs the OLED?

Most people would take the LG BX, Panasonic HZ980 or Sony A8H over the Sony XH9505. It can depend on personal preferences and viewing conditions though. An LCD TV will be better to use during the day, but an OLED better at night.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom