• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Best 55" tv?

saltire69

Best thing to do is pick the one's @ your price range and go online and read loads of reviews and then go into the shop and see them in the flesh .

Giliberti

Novice Member
All the top brands for around £1500 get good reviews on line though. I went to see the Samsung 9 series curve but I was disappointed with the amount of glare the curve screen picks up

saltire69

Its a js9000 48" i was planning on getting but it was out of stock in my local curry's but i never saw any issues with the 55" they had on display .I took my hard drive with me just to check the quality of the playback and it was excellent .

Giliberti

Novice Member
I will try and have a look in a different shop at the 9 series to see if the same glare problem exists.
A lot of people are saying Panasonic and LG are better than the samsungs?

saltire69

I have had my Panny plasma for 8 years but when I plugged my hdd into one of the new smart tv' s the way it read my hdd was a joke would not show up the folders and the playback was no where near as good as the Samsung, did not try any LG' s.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom