Best 55" TV For £600 Or Less

Andy3105

Currently we have a Panasonic 55FX750 in the living room and I want to move it into our extension so we'd need a new set for the living room.

I don't really want to spend more than £600 and I'm looking for recommendations for the best TV I can get for 4K HDR.

Any and all suggestions appreciated....👍

vickster

Distinguished Member
Guide here

Unfortunately there aren’t any £600 55” TVs that are much cop for HDR

tvdavid

Sony XH95 if you can find a refurbished one but still over.

vickster

Distinguished Member
Sony XH95 if you can find a refurbished one but still over.
£899, one year warranty. Hardly a deal compared to £999 for new with 6 year warranty!
There’s a refurb 55A8 OLED for £849

Xenomorph

vickster

Distinguished Member
What’s it like for HDR, the reviews say not so good?

Xenomorph

What’s it like for HDR, the reviews say not so good?

Well honestly I cannot fault the picture quality. It's pin sharp on HD content. I'm using a Manhattan T3-R PVR, which is a 4K HDR capable device. Got to say it delivers an impressive picture.
Only thing that I've found a bit fiddly is the Sony Motionflow settings. Takes a bit of experimenting to get the best results.

Xenomorph

Although I will qualify that by saying I have no idea what a 'best in class' HDR picture looks like. So I'm not able to compare it with anything. This is my first TV upgrade for 15 years, so to me it's a stunningly good picture, compared to my old one, which was only just HD capable.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom